The new puppy

I love boxers! I wanted one when we got our dog but the Mrs said 'they walk around showing off their arse all the time' so she wouldn't have it. Doesn't stop her doing it though.

Here's the nutter we got instead (Toby or Tobes) worn out from running around the fields of Hertfordshire.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tobes.jpg
    tobes.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 236
Lose the beard said:
RockShaving said:
the Mrs said 'they walk around showing off their arse all the time'

That was in the days docking was legal. Now it has been banned in the UK Boxers have tails again and look much better for it.

Indeed you're right. Unfortunately show dogs 'breed standards' still call for many detrimental traits to be present or unwanted traits be removed both here and abroad. Like how they purposely breed Alsations with weak legs or crop the ears of dogs in the US for show reasons.

Totally agree, the wife and I work in Boxer Rescue, mainly as we love the breed, but its a breed that has problems which need to be rectified. Top drawer pedigree boxers generally live 8 - 10 years. The rest generally live till they are 12 - 14 years. The breed standard is wrong and not at all natural, and while breeders aim for it, lots of mistakes happen along the way which are not at all healthy.

I am of the belief a dog is either a pet or a working animal or both. Health is more important than form. We don't know this chaps father so who knows how he will turn out, but he will hopefully be an agility master if I train him right.

So, as a quick update. He has been with us for just over a week and I am starting to get him trained. He is pretty much toilet trained now and is clean at night, so that good for one week. He has learnt how to play and the purpose of treats. We can do sit, but that's about all so far. He is growing very fast so anticipate he is going to be a big dog.

Heres a piccy for you. 9 weeks old today.

IMG_0584-Edit-Edit_zps12a8776b.jpg

They can be very hyper dogs. They are very intelligent underneath the stupid and ugly exterior, and need to let out all the energy. I have taught all my previous dogs agility as it keeps their brains active and seems to calm them down. I very rarely have the need to put the dogs on a lead as we walk on footpaths and across fields so well clear of any roads. This chap is the first one we have got as a puppy so I'm hoping to get him to agility competition standard. You never know.

This is an update on my Boy Oscar is 20 weeks old today, and he's starting to feel his feet even at 5 months old he can easily round off a brisk 4 mile walk like it was a leisurely walk around the park, but I have walked him twice a day since he was 10 weeks old after his second inoculation jab, I would describe him as a typical working Bedlington Terrier on the occasion I've been lucky enough to leave him off the lead he as speed to burn for such a little chap and a real joy to watch him burn some rubber.

Jamie

Oscarat20weeks004_zpsa558b655.jpg

Oscarat20weeks010_zpsd8390321.jpg

Oscarat20weeks011_zpsc7807d75.jpg

Sure, when the pretty wears off, can you make a Brush out of him!?!?
[attachment=6883]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364028367.134002.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364028367.134002.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom