The Fatip Chronicles

A good Fatip is a fantastic razor but there's a lot of duds going around. As long as they are happy to churn out crap we should be avoiding the Company. They can either sink or step up their game to survive. If folk wanna buy them that's fine i guess, but no way should people be recommending them on shaving Forums.

Interesting razor this Fatip Piccolo now part of my rotation should really carry Governement Health Warning: Fatip razors come with a blade alignment issue! but it is not the end of the world just keep an eye and be prepared to fiddle a bit when putting in a new blade.

Yeah they can be a bit fiddly sometimes, but tt doesn't really bother me that much.

Although having said that I've used a couple of different razors over the last few days and being able to just drop the blade in and tighten the head without having to check the alignment was pretty nice!

Fatip Piccolo with Polsilver, a very close shave to close actually to be really comfortable at 6.30 in the morning, also noticed that this blade was easy to load spot on no adjustment needed.

I'm happy you have a good one Nisse but a lot of folk don't. Some require a fair bit of fiddling and a lot of them don't align properly at all. Government health warnings won't change that.

I'm happy you have a good one Nisse but a lot of folk don't. Some require a fair bit of fiddling and a lot of them don't align properly at all. Government health warnings won't change that.
KLv1c0g.jpg

6N5fXbc.jpg

9XS0BVi.jpg

Great Macaroni Tolerance's..This is the Same Razor..Minted Quality..:eek:

Billy

Loading Treet blade - fiddle fiddle fiddle and fiddle again until happy with alignment
Loading Polsilver this morning - spot on - got lucky or this happens with all Polsilver blades?

Tolerances are bad as seen on pics from Billy, mine is the same, annoying yes but no biggie manually adjusting to a proper fit when loading blade, part of the Fatip charm:)

Last edited:
On the German Gut-Rasiert forum, I read that Fatip supposedly introduced a new top cap design last year (or they simply did some maintenance on the machinery ;) ). They're talking about a narrower older top cap (V1) and a broader (V2) current top cap.

FWIW; my recently acquired Fatip Retro has a V2 top cap (19mm width), and it is a fairly mild razor. Apart from the measurements, another indication of the new design seems to be the stamped logo in the bottom cap.

Checking my Fatip top cap is 19 mm (or 18,9) and bottom cap has got stamped logo.
That's a new version then. The Italian "Il Rasoio" forum confirmed that the top cap was redesigned. One of the members even contacted the producer on it.

Next change is hopefully going to be better plating and QC?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom