Tech June-kies?

I'm sure you can shave with and discuss any razor you like and that's interesting but I'd imagine it's quite hard to classify a feather or any other brand as as a Gillette tech. there are lots of tech clones or razors inspired by it but I don't think using those was really the spirit of this challenge. will let pjgh confirm what he meant though.

I almost won a Brazilian ball end tech on eBay tonight but got outbid thankfully. I don't need more razors and I'm supposed to stop buying more shaving gear. looked great and I'm sure I'll end up with a ball end tech of some kind someday. I'd really like to try one given I like the two that I have so much.

Quick Question?
Seeing that most modern DE razors are derived from the original "Tech" are any modern razors allowed? Per se, the Feather AS - a wonderful copy.

No.

Foot down.

No.

Softer? Let's celebrate the original and best ...

No copies, clones or derivatives. The bakelite Tech is pushing it, but it was sold as a "Tech".

The Tech. Just the Tech ... and nothing but the Tech.

addtext_com_MDQzMTQwMzI5Mzg.jpg?

Right, from Wednesday, I’m going into Tech lock-down so I can practice for June. No matter what razor I use, it seems I can’t buy a good shave at the minute. Aye, being an eejit is a heavy weight to carry. :ROFLMAO:

A question for you Tech-heads. This is the base plate I've been using as my travel razor. 10g for the base plate - this is brass, correct?

Attachments

• 20230508_150059.jpg
    20230508_150059.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 16
No, just hit the freakin' gas! That means stomp the accelerator for you fellas.
... coz it's not gas, is it? Petroleum spirit distillate is a liquid. Unless you concede that the "gas pedal" is actually connected to the throttle plate which admits air, so I'm happy to be our pedanted by the subject in this case.

More a case of jumping on the LOUD pedal from the cars I've enjoyed where "jumping on the loud pedal" was an enjoyable thing.

... coz it's not gas, is it? Petroleum spirit distillate is a liquid. Unless you concede that the "gas pedal" is actually connected to the throttle plate which admits more air, so I'm happy to be our pedanted by the subject in this case.

More a case of jumping on the LOUD pedal from the cars I've enjoyed where "jumping on the loud pedal" was an enjoyable thing.
Gas is short for gasoline, petroleum spirit distillate is non-specific.

petroleum spirit​

noun

: a flammable petroleum distillate that boils lower than kerosine and is suitable for use as a solvent and thinner especially for paints and varnishes

—usually used in plural compare NAPHTHA sense 3

Back
Top Bottom