tea bags

Yorkshire Gold!! Just started the tea thing and as luck would have it a large regional grocery chain in my area, Wegmans , carries Yorkshire tea. Have a box of the tea bags now. It also carries the lose tea.

I've had the oddest box of Yorkshire tea ( drinking it for 20+ yrs ) as it just would not brew properly...usually splash of milk, add water + bag then five minute steep and done. This stuff just would not permeate through the milk, looked insipid no matter how long I left it not the usual tannic orangey hue.

Aldi's finest here in Ireland, they sell re-branded Bewleys tea. Bewleys are a long standing, reputable company.

Not a big tea drinker so don't get too fussed about it. Will drink Tesco cheapo if it doesn't taste offensive, although I think it does taste offensive if my memory serves me correctly.

antdad said:
I've had the oddest box of Yorkshire tea ( drinking it for 20+ yrs ) as it just would not brew properly...usually splash of milk, add water + bag then five minute steep and done. This stuff just would not permeate through the milk, looked insipid no matter how long I left it not the usual tannic orangey hue.

My parents got a box of Yorkshire Gold a couple of months ago and it did the same even with double the amount of bags in the pot.

The Twinings herbal teas, got a batch of the varieties in the cupboard in the kitchen, normally drink the lemon & ginger, ginger and de-caff green tea ones but can be known to have some pepper mint as well!

Don't really drink white tea though.

That's pretty expensive John!

Are there no US tea producers?

Mind you, it's worth it if that's your only option for a mug of the amber nectar. IIRC Mart is a massive fan.

Back
Top Bottom