tea bags

just a bored post really, im wondering what tea bags people on here use. im quite partial to loose leaf tea but tend to use tea bags more often than not. the ones i tend to go for a twinings english breakfast (cant get away with twinings everyday tea bags though), thompsons punjana and yorkshire gold.
whats everyones favourites?

For a few years now I've been drinking green tea and flavoured green tea. Lemon, peppermint and anything else that takes my fancy.

I mostly use either Twinings or Clipper bags with the occasional leaf Green from Canton Tea.

Strictly loose leaf. Recently been buying my teas form The Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co, which holds some really excellent teas at very reasonable prices. They may sell tea bags but I don't know 'cos I haven't looked.

Why not get a tea infuser get get the best of both worlds.
Easy to make a single cuppa, no teapot to wash and easy to rinse clean. I use one everyday. Gives you the choice of any loose tea to use. I actually grow my own lemongrass, mint and lemonbalm plants; chop and dry the leaves and you've got free decaf herbal tea.

The below is the best practical design.
31F-FQ9zA7L.jpg

and lots of weird versions like below:
41FEiSHtExL._AA160_.jpg

ollie9091 said:
Good old Co-Op 99 tea bags.

It's at least as old as me! My parents used it when the loose tea from the 'Orange Pekoe' roundsman's van ran out. Can you believe a weekly tea round? A weekly 'Corona' fizzy pop round?

Bechet45 said:
ollie9091 said:

It's at least as old as me! My parents used it when the loose tea from the 'Orange Pekoe' roundsman's van ran out. Can you believe a weekly tea round? A weekly 'Corona' fizzy pop round?

Ahh the old Corona round. We had a family friend who was a sales manger. Every Christmas three big boxes of the stuff landed in our kitchen, along with a bit of merchandise.

Bechet45 said:
ollie9091 said:

It's good tea and has stood the test of time well
I am from the Midlands (Notts/Derby) and we did not have the Corona man, we had the Carters man. Carters were a local pop company and were bought out some years ago by a Multi national.
Also, it will not be long before none under the age of 30 will believe we ALL used to have milk delivered 6 days a week and local papers in the late afternoon
Plus another relic "the pink" late Saturday afternoon football paper with the results!

The Yorkshire Gold is without doubt the most consistent good quality mass produced tea lots of flavour, has I'm only a tea drinker I would also say If you like loose tea then order some Tippy Assam from Betty's tearoom It's my favourite wonderful refreshing and full of flavour.

Back
Top Bottom