Tabac fragrance

Tabac smells

• Total voters
It's certainly devisive, I have a number of sticks and out of the box they are all vary in scent, some quite considerably.

I've concluded (given that I wrote to M&W and they stated their formula doesn't change from stick to cake) that it comes down to how old and hydrated the soap is, wet it and the scent profile will change. Let the whole stick soak and dry a number of times see if that helps, I find it dampens down the floral and brings forward the cedar which is a balance I like.

PS...just gone back to a stick that made me nearly wretch, now after a few soakings and being left on the shelf for a few months it's very pleasant if you can wait that long.

NotTheStig said:
I will try that - thanks. At the moment it is sitting topless in the bathroom. Mine smells like stale cigarettes

I meant to say let it soak for a bit and when wet screw the top back on so it absorbs the water rather than air drys.

antdad said:
NotTheStig said:
I will try that - thanks. At the moment it is sitting topless in the bathroom. Mine smells like stale cigarettes

I meant to say let it soak for a bit and when wet screw the top back on so it absorbs the water rather than air drys.
I know what you meant but I can't travel back in time or back home from work just yet so that's how it is for now! Appreciate the advice which I'll start tonight

Well I'm clairvoyant and I can see....yes I can see, I think I can see a vision of someone with an upturned nose placing a brown plastic cylinder in a bin. I'd get home before it's too late.

A brand new cake of Tabac smells pretty bad to me, but as antdad says, it does calm down to an acceptable level.
It's not a scent that I crave, but I don't find it offensive.

Ian

Looking forward to dying it down or there could be a sale here soon. Body Shop Maca Root really got up my nose but this is worse. Arko is fine, just industrial and strong

I now use the full Tabac range and my wife has told me that she thinks it is better on me than the run of the mill stuff (Lynx) I used to use. But scents smell different on all people as their skins are all different.

Alan

RB73 said:
The soap only smells nice when its dry, the cologne on the other hand is very nice.

So the soap only smells good when it's not used. Man, I'd stock up on that stuff if I was you.

Just goofin on you..I saw how you voted.

antdad said:
It's certainly devisive, I have a number of sticks and out of the box they are all vary in scent, some quite considerably.

So you mean some really stink and others only smell awful?

PS...just gone back to a stick that made me nearly wretch, now after a few soakings and being left on the shelf for a few months it's very pleasant if you can wait that long.

Ahhh, that's the secret! After some abuse and aging, it turned out ok for you.

*Cough*, I'm still waiting for that mystical Tabac stick you mentioned sending out about a year ago. You know......the one that you assured me does not smell like any dead things at all (once you finally found one).

No hurry.......

As sure as eggs is eggs ol' deep pan turns up on a Tabac thread with the old quote and edit trick, man you may not be funny anymore more but at least you used to be original, sorta like Steve Martin.

Heh perhaps that dead thing you keep smelling is permanent, yeah that must be it. I'd get it checked out if I were you but don't worry I won't be hurrying to send anything until it's properly aged.

antdad said:
As sure as eggs is eggs ol' deep pan turns up on a Tabac thread with the old quote and edit trick, man you may not be funny anymore more but at least you used to be original, sorta like Steve Martin.

Old deep pan? Oh hell that's right. I still owe you the extra deep dish Chicago Style Pizza (Lou Malnati my favorite). Vegetarian, with extra anchovies if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't do the edit thing on purpose. I thought somehow it would show as my quote, but I guess not. Sheesh.

I'm still funny, but now mostly like Milton Berle kinda funny. Yeah, it's not the same....sigh.

Oh, my reference to the Tabac scent was taken directly from the OP. I have no clue how he came up with that very accurate description.

The problem with allowing people to vote is that they don't always vote the way you want them to. So far 9 positive votes for Tabac's unique fragrance as opposed to 8 against.
Perhaps I should learn something from here? http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CFwQtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG0ZZJXw4MTA&ei=dMkkUJLtA6WG0AWkg4HYCg&usg=AFQjCNFH1FlY8L45d0MrkIp1Gsba1Ss4aQ

Back
Top Bottom