Synthetic versus Simpsons

It's not a Plissoft type knot, and the 25mm MÜHLE brush is only £2,50 cheaper. I guess everything synthetic apart from Plissoft fibres (hate them) in a cheap Chinese handle is overpriced by your reasoning?

No, there's just too much snob factor regarding Simpson's IMO. Yes, they are a great brush but do not warrant the huge markup. FWIW, my new Maggard 22mm black synthetic (Plissoft Noir) leaves my MÜHLE black fiber gasping for air. It's just a better brush IMO and only cost $11.95 U.S. I paid damn near forty for the MÜHLE back in 2014. You don't have to work at NASA to do the math.

I see more ooh and ah factor applied to Simpson brushes by people who don't have them than those who do. For whatever reason.

Like most things, if a person doesn't want one, they don't have to buy one. But if they haven't used one, how can they possibly have an informed opinion on their being over priced? Oh that's right, never mind.

No, there's just too much snob factor regarding Simpson's IMO. Yes, they are a great brush but do not warrant the huge markup. FWIW, my new Maggard 22mm black synthetic (Plissoft Noir) leaves my MÜHLE black fiber gasping for air. It's just a better brush IMO and only cost $11.95 U.S. I paid damn near forty for the MÜHLE back in 2014. You don't have to work at NASA to do the math.
I am not a snob and the Simpson does not have a Plissoft knot, it's totally different & superior!

See? If it's not a cheap Plissoft style brush, it's no good?

First it was Simpson's and now it's MÜHLE ... I see a pattern there.

Who said I don't own a Simpson brush or haven't used one? Did Dark Bulb bite you guys on the neck before his exit? :rolleyes:

Well, I left it pretty generic, because I wasn't calling you out specifically as opposed to a mindset, and because the conversation seemed to have drifted from the Simpson synthetic to Simpson in general.

But to be specific, you made it pretty apparent from your comments that you have never tried a Simpson synthetic.

I will give you the last word if you feel you must, because we have taken it far enough off course. Goodnight.

Apologies to the OP.

Back
Top Bottom