Supermax Blades - Thumbs up

Hi All,

After being sent a few blades by tomthorsen - I decided to try one of the Supermax blades first... and VERY impressed. The shave seems to last longer (is that possible?!) throughout the day before stubble starts to appear. It also leaves hardly any irritation and glides over my face easily.

Much better than the blades that came with my Boots DE razor.

A quick question though - the blade has 1, 2, 3, 4 on each side (front and back) of the blade - is this so you know which side you've used the most?

I tried the blue packaged ones - it's definitely a case of YMMV.

I had terrible tugging on the first & 1/2 second pass - then gave up and put a Gillette yellow in and all was good.

The numbers do not mean anything for the user.

Sorry for the late reply.

The ones I have got are "Super Max - Super Stainless".

I've still got "Merkur Super - Platinum Rostfrei Stainless" and "Treet Platinum" to try out. :D

Amnesia180 said:
The ones I have got are "Super Max - Super Stainless".

I've still got "Merkur Super - Platinum Rostfrei Stainless" and "Treet Platinum" to try out. :D

I've had supermax blades in my stash for ages and used one a month or so back. Cost to performance ratio is fantastic and I don't understand why these blades take a beating on other forums.

Keep an open mind with the Merkur blades. Many hate them, I like them. £5 for 10 is a little on the steep side, especially when you can get 100 supermax for £5. Don't expect the Merkur to be ten times better than the Supermax just because they are ten times the price.

Have tried a SuperMax blade just yesterday and wow! Definitely thumbs up!

What I have noticed though is that some are mentioning Asian (China or India) made SuperMax's while mine had Made in England printed on them :shock:

and

I have found these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200-SUPERMAX-...rRemoval_RL&hash=item3cb758de5c#ht_515wt_1139
Which is a stunning price! 9 quid to my door for 200 blades qualifies for a deal according to my standards :)

However I'm puzzled wether these are MiE or MiChina/India blades???

I've used the Super Stainless in th plastic container (brown wrappers) in both a Merkur 34c and a Slim Adjustable and they were very good. I still have a pack of the other type (blue card pack) to try - are these the Patinum version?

chrisbell said:
I've used the Super Stainless in th plastic container (brown wrappers) in both a Merkur 34c and a Slim Adjustable and they were very good. I still have a pack of the other type (blue card pack) to try - are these the Patinum version?
The blue packs have "Super Stainless" written on them.

tritrek said:
chrisbell said:
The blue packs have "Super Stainless" written on them.

Presumably they're the same, then?

tomthorsen said:
Glad you liked them. Were the others any good for you?
To be honest, I haven't tried them yet :) I have had quite a few important work commitments lately, so I haven't been shaving daily (only on 'special' days as I know I won't get a rash if I haven't shaved twice in a row). Plus I know these blades are giving me a close shave...

The blade is due for a switch, so I'm definitely going to try one of the others tomorrow. :shave

Just found this seller and they work out at £5.99 delivered for 200 :)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=49">http://www.barberblades.co.uk/index.php ... duct_id=49</a><!-- m -->

HTH

Back
Top Bottom