Superdrug Coconut Oil with Argan Oil

Superdrug hadn't heard of the stuff. I went online and ordered. Delivery is free to the shop and I pick it up in a few days.
Will the argan oil add anything in particular to the coconut oil as a pre shave oil you know?

Asking as coconut oil I usually use I get from Lidl or Aldi, it's organic raw etc, good stuff and cheap too

Will the argan oil add anything in particular to the coconut oil as a pre shave oil you know?

Asking as coconut oil I usually use I get from Lidl or Aldi, it's organic raw etc, good stuff and cheap too
Coconut oil, though vegetable, has properties in common with animal fat. On its own it is good for the skin and hair, The Argan oil, as stated above, softens bristles and hair.
On the other hand, oil can interfere with building a lather.

When i was in Greece ( Kos ) a few months ago i bought around 10 bars of soap with Argon Oil and they have been outstanding in terms of moisturiser.
Iv used them for the shower abroad and rate them highly,
I also bought a load of soap with Olive Oil and they are class also.
What i will say is i’m unsure whether pre shave works or not.
All it does for me is makes my sink a mess & if you use to much it the soap sticks to the Razor.
I genuinely think pre shave is unnecessary.
However many months ago i spent a few quid on ingredients to make it myself which i did.
it’s finished now & i can’t see me making any more

When i was in Greece ( Kos ) a few months ago i bought around 10 bars of soap with Argon Oil and they have been outstanding in terms of moisturiser.
Iv used them for the shower abroad and rate them highly,
I also bought a load of soap with Olive Oil and they are class also.
What i will say is i’m unsure whether pre shave works or not.
All it does for me is makes my sink a mess & if you use to much it the soap sticks to the Razor.
I genuinely think pre shave is unnecessary.
However many months ago i spent a few quid on ingredients to make it myself which i did.
it’s finished now & i can’t see me making any more
I understand, and wouldn't disagree, but pre-shave can mean whatever preparation you do before applying lather.
Without exception I wash the face with Droyt's Unperfumed Glycerine soap. £2.50 for a bar, but lasts many months if it's kept dry when not being used. Then, sometimes, I use two drops of beard oil rubbed over the shaving area - mainly because I already have it and no longer have a beard. After shaving, I fancy a little of it is left, trapped in the pores,, and keeps my naturally dry skin supple.

Yeah I don't buy 'preshave' products per se but my routine is always a wash with glycerine soap, either La Toja Magno or Pears Transparent (both just as good, Magno is silly expensive to import or buy unless you are in Spain and just bring it back with you).

Yeah I don't buy 'preshave' products per se but my routine is always a wash with glycerine soap, either La Toja Magno or Pears Transparent (both just as good, Magno is silly expensive to import or buy unless you are in Spain and just bring it back with you).
SirGordonBennett.com sells the Droyt's soap, and for £3 sells Droyt's shaving soap. Pears doesn't hold a candle to Droyt's.
If you want to try it, I can send you some.

Cool, what's the shave soap like?
It's a semitransparent rectangular block, large-ish. Wash the face, leave wet, rub the block over the beard, and brush to an amazing lather.
Main ingredient is Glycerine. As with the soap, it is hygroscopic. Leave in my washroom and it gets wet and wastes away. Even Pears does it. Solution: get a drier room than mine, or put it on some plastic tray from the recycle bag and keep it on top of the radiator.
If you look after it this way, both soap and shaving bar will outlast their competitors. Good for holidays.

Just been onto Gordon Bennet website and there’s a bit of a sale on and you get an extra 10% off and free shipping if you sign up.

Dave.
Yes, but the first order only. Normally postage is free for orders of £20 or more.
I went to the site a couple of days ago to see if the prices had increased, and they were down. Not often that happens, I was surprised.
The soaps last ages for me if I keep them dry between use.

For anyone reading this post - Droyt's at Sir Gordon Bennett

Yes, but the first order only. Normally postage is free for orders of £20 or more.
I went to the site a couple of days ago to see if the prices had increased, and they were down. Not often that happens, I was surprised.
The soaps last ages for me if I keep them dry between use.

For anyone reading this post - Droyt's at Sir Gordon Bennett

If you sign up for their newsletter you get free shipping for life according to their site.

Sign up to our newsletter and become a 'Friend of Sir Gordon' and get 10% off your first order and free UK and EU delivery for life on all British made gifts and goods .

Dave.

If you sign up for their newsletter you get free shipping for life according to their site.

Sign up to our newsletter and become a 'Friend of Sir Gordon' and get 10% off your first order and free UK and EU delivery for life on all British made gifts and goods .

Dave.
Yes, I read that a couple of years ago, and I was given a code.
As a little reminder if you haven't used your Friend of Gordon's code to receive 10% off and free delivery for life? Then you still can, simply enter GordonsGift10 at the checkout.
I tried it recently and a message came up code no longer accepted. I'm a bit confused by it, but I know I'm safe if I spend £20.
Ten bars of soap does it, and I want Sir Gordon to continue, so I don't like to make a small order and expect free postage.

Back
Top Bottom