Super Bowl 2013

antdad said:
Does William "the fridge" Perry still play?

He's about 50 odd!
I still think it's a shame that from Superbowl XX, (the first televised superbowl in the UK), and given the immense talent on the field in the shape of Jim McMahon and Walter Payton, Brits just remember the fat bloke.

Canuck said:
I still think it's a shame that from Superbowl XX, (the first televised superbowl in the UK),.

I didn't realise that, I remember watching it with my dad. Lots of people wearing Raiders gear back then (embracing their inner gangsta no doubt).

Over the years I've found the time difference on a Sunday night prohibitive to watching the Superbowls, but do (if there's nothing better on tv) sometimes watch a game on Sky during the season. I won a few quid on the 49ers in the semi so have a bit more interest than usual this year.

Ok. The problem is that you're trying to compare American Football to other field sports. You just can't do that. The only real game that it can be compare to is Chess. Think of the 2 Coaches as the 2 Chess opponents, and the player the movable pieces.
It's mental, not physical.

Johnus said:
Ok. The problem is that you're trying to compare American Football to other field sports. You just can't do that. The only real game that it can be compare to is Chess. Think of the 2 Coaches as the 2 Chess opponents, and the player the movable pieces.
It's mental, not physical.

I agree... but the players still have to have the talent (and the nerve) to play the game properly. The Quarterback's ability to take aim and throw the ball accurately while two tons of armoured defenders are bearing down on him is quite something.

... I remember once seeing the ball get fumbled while a team was trying to kick the extra point... the kicker got sacked... nasty!

Recorded the match and with the fast forward was able just now to complete viewing the whole game. I wish I understood the fine detail of the rules. Like illegal formations. And the end was confusing. I love watching sport when I don't mind who wins. When committed to an individual or team I get too nervous to enjoy it.

Congratulations to the Ravens and their supporters. The day after is always the best - hope they enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom