Straight Razor

Not sure which you were looking at, I can see 3. Two stainless (72 1/2 and 17) and one carbon (401 - not used one of these though). Ditto on the Japanese, looks nice though despite marks on the point and spine (well away from the edge though).

Not sure which you were looking at, I can see 3. Two stainless (72 1/2 and 17) and one carbon (401 - not used one of these though). Ditto on the Japanese, looks nice though despite marks on the point and spine (well away from the edge though).
Thanks for the reply. It was the 17, I hadn’t actually noticed the 72. I do like the Friodurs.

If you were to go for one of the friodurs he's offering I would say the 72 1/2, both the price and the size at 6/8, and the round point might be a little more forgiving (that's just my opinion others may disagree and you may already be decided).

The 17 is a 7/8, this isn't a problem obviously but most people find their comfort zone in the 5/8 - 6/8 range. I have a 17 on the way at the moment and it will be my first bigger blade, so it'll be interesting.

Brea Grant Movie GIF by Signature Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom