Stirling Soaps

So far, from the relatively few soaps I've tried, Stirling (MITA) are by far and away the slickest with the most luxurious lather. Unfortunately they are impossible to get in the UK (I'm not paying 25USD P&P), so what can I get in the UK (or EU) that are an equivalent.
Any pointers from the soap collectors on here?

Last edited:
Not got many soaps but I was impressed with the sample of Stirling I got from a member on here. A group buy would be great, I seem to remember there was one previously.

I haven't found anything as slippy as Sterling. The closest available in the UK IMO are P&B, OSP, B&M, Professor Blighty and Reef Point (who I think no longer exist).
Alternatively complete systems such as pre- shave oil and then the cream, as with Murdock.
Sterling pre shave oils are quite viscous, that with their soaps and you have an ice rink on your face.

Although this would be more of a sideways step , I thought Shaver Heaven was similar to Stirling for slickness. Just in case you could get a hold of it on the a BST in lieu of Stirling.

Stirling is a truly great soap - except for one thing as far as my face is concerned. I got a slow burn allergic reaction to all the flavours I tried - which were several, from Erik's group buy.

B&M Latha soaps are about the best apart from Stirling, you could get 2 shipped from Maggards for a decent price before they changed their shipping to DHL, it now costs an arm and a leg to get them delivered. I find most of the US artisans in all of the soaps i have tried to be the best IMO.

Stirling is indeed great, but I get an allergic reaction to most of their soaps and all of their balms/oils/AS. WSP is another example of a really slick soap (slightly better than Stirling IMO), that I usually use the unscented option. I just wait for a good sale to offset the shipping.

I'd rather prefer European soap, mainly from Italy and France. I think the soap from the States has a lot more scent than the counterpart in Europe, but here the soap seems soap, mainly the ones using Marseille procedure. Also, I like the almond scent, mint and lavender. Fougere is OK, too.

Back
Top Bottom