SOTD: Saturday November 2nd 2019 to Friday November 8th 2019

SOTD : 5th November 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl + 6 drops of glycerin

Blade: Astra SP.(1)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gillette ~Blue ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Maiden shave of the new wilkinson sword soap bowl..the verdict?..The only difference is the colour of the bowl , probably to give it a image change for the buyers market to try and boost sale profits i assume.

The W.S. soap bowl is a love/hate soap with most people who try it and are far too quick to condemn it, before giving it a fair chance,which is normally just once then throw it away in haste,and keep the bowl for other soaps...I've mentioned before in all fairness you can get a good lather and have good presentable shave with this glycerin based shaving soap it takes a little longer to get a lather you just won't get excited about it.The addition of the added glycerin makes a noticeable difference to the lather. The scent is clean and pleasing 'to my nose' YMMV however, with it been a in-expensive shaving soap people get bored of it very quickly,and some brand snobs will instantly condemn it as inferior in-expensive mass produced shaving soap ..Each to there own opinion, as the saying goes...

A comfortably smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PS: Most importantly as with Halloween do keep yours pets safe this evening away from harm and horrible callous illegitimates.:mad:

Last edited:
Tue 5th Nov.

Stirling Syn.30mm
Arko Stick-grated
Alu.General / Windrose handle
Feather Proguard [ 12 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I think that for me the Proguard blade has reached its optimum at 12 outings. Cannot complain about the finished Shave but there was some blade pull that detracted from the comfort of the Shave. I think that after much change, I have finally found a handle that combines with the head of the Alu.General to make it a Razor I like handling.

IMG_0233.jpg

SOTD 20191105.
aKC5mS7.jpg

Prep (sample).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "CTAPT" (START) 0.90 OC / custom handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (6).
Rebul "Lavanda" EdC.
The razor head weights 41 grams (including blade), today with a stainless steel handle of 76 grams.
Balance is (much) better than with the titanium handle.

A very late or early shave, Nov 5th 00:43 UTC +1

Prep : warm water
Razor : Ying Jili
Brush : Omega boar
Blade : Hema
Soap : Palmolive Men classic shave stick (grated in a tub)
Bowl : Aliexpress (MÜHLE look-a-like)
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Sir Irisch Moos

Remember, remember the 5th of November
Happy Guy Fawkes day every body

05/11/2019
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel astringent
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac EDT / EDC

PB040003.JPG

Tabac Tuesday
A fine shave today with the 6S paired with the Polsilver blade. 3 passes for an excellent BBS comfortable finish.
The Tabac is a firm favourite of mine and everything worked really well together to give me a very slick lather and fantastic post shave.
I now know i was right with the shave angle of the Dart being too steep when using this blade so it will be back to the drawing board on that one.
Hopefully i get a bit longevity from the Polsilver blade and i can see the week out with it.

Note: @Salt lane runner has a 6S up on BST for a remarkably cheap price, if you are thinking about it, my advice is get it bought. They are a brilliant Razor for any shaver be it old hand or newby.

Anyhow, feeling very good about that as i have 200 Polsilver on order, what was that about needing more blades?
So BBS with a very comfortable finish and smelling very Huggy Bear.
Have a great afternoon All.

Prep: Cold water splash & Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food (sample)
Bowl: Recycled T&H cream bowl
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synth
Cream: GFCC Premium
Razor: Mach 3 / Handmade handle

Whilst I didn't like the scent a great deal, the skin food seemed to help the shave though I'm not exactly sure why and how. Just wanted to have a go with the sample really. Fancied a change from a few weeks of Gillette post shave gel/balm so got out the aloe vera gel. I like the fact that it's neutral scent-wise, and as such I got a nice whiff of the GFCC cream for sometime afterwards as it tends to linger, in a nice way. The skin food has made me curious about pre-shaves so I have ordered a tub of Proraso green as I enjoyed a sample of the green M&E lotion recently.

426191E8-1965-4617-9D82-E9AEAFE8B2A0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom