SOTD: Saturday November 2nd 2019 to Friday November 8th 2019

SOTD 20191104.
Jknh4VC.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave".
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "CTAPT" (START) 0.90 OC / Stork "Paladin" handle.
Personna Platinum Chrome (5).
Tihanyi "Levendula" EdP.
The razor head weights 41 grams (including blade), today with a titanium handle of 53 grams.
The handle seems too light for the razor head - I'll try a stainless steel handle tomorrow again.

Mon 4th Nov.

RazoRock Syn.24mm
P & B Spitfire
OccamsV2 / No 3plate
Feather Proguard [ 11 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

This Proguard blade is proving to be rather good for me, today in the Occams it was on its 11th outing. Am finding it a bitt chattery on the initial clearance phase then it smoothes out. The beauty of the guard is that it allows you to work away to clear away all stubborn areas of growth without causing irritation or threat of nicks/cuts. Though it was not a quick Shave I got a Top Notch finish, not matched by any other AC blade that I have used on an 11th outing.

IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:
04/11/2019
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: GFCC Bergamot & Neroli
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli & Orange Astringent
Balm: Barts Bergamot & Vanilla Balm and Lotion
Aftershave: CK One

3   Mon.JPG

Against advice i gave the Polsilver - Dart combo another run out.
Now, the finish i get is BBS and comfortable, however, the shave itself feels rough, i get no indication from the block and the post shave is very comfortable, i can only assume that my steep angle is forcing the blade to "chop" rather than slice through the whiskers.
Tomorrow i am putting the blade in the 6S where i can use a normal angle.
The GFCC cream works well for me, although, it does seem to leave a heavy film on the razor to clean up.
BBS and comfortable, feeling a bit more educated and happy with the effort today.
Have a great day All

Last edited:
AI34jdP.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Soaps Tuscany
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent:Dior Fahrenheit EdT decant

Thought I'd give the AS-D2 a run, as it's been a while since it has come out of the cabinet. I find this razor pairs well with very sharp blades, and there are few sharper than the Vintage NOS Gillette Swede. Lovely lather from the Stirling soap - the ring of death is now more than apparent in the tin. Three effortless passes for a DFS+ result.
Finished with my first experience with Dior Fahrenheit - my goodness me! Certainly not one for the fainthearted.

@Digimonkey Kindly sent me some his hand made soap and I wanted to enjoy that a beautiful soap with a wonderful scent and an incredible face feel, I really enjoy it.
Thank you R. for the feedback and kind words. I'm always interested to know how people get on with it - I suspected that it might do well as a pre-shave soap - I am toying with the idea of adding an exfoliant to future versions to see if that makes it better for that use. What do you think? I'm assuming that your water is soft? It didn't do so well in London I'm told - the scents hold - but a pig to lather properly apparently - which is no great surprise I guess - hard water that has been recycled through two dozen sets of kidneys before it comes out the tap. I'm working on some new scent profiles for the next batch - @Blademonkey - has nominated something along the lines of lavender and orange - anything you would like to suggest? For that matter - if anyone reading this wants to chip in - feel free - if I use your idea - I will send you a couple as a thank you. Cheers - I.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware shaving bowl
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- King of Shaves Sensitive Gel
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson TTO and Dorco (7)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 7 with the Wilkinson and a Dorco blade from Sainsburys.

Second use of the King of Shaves Gel, must admit that it works well for me, I don't follow the instructions, I squirt a little of the gel onto a hot soaked brush and lather on my face, it works. About 25 years ago I used the KOS shaving oil with a cartridge razor and that worked well for me too.

I am hardly qualified to give out advice but if you havent tried Argan Oil Soap, try it because it works, I use a liquid version but I am sure that others will work too.

arganoil.jpg

merkur hd
english wilkinson sword
vie long 15315 synthetic
palmolive shave stick
l'occitan pour homme AS balm
zino davidoff edt

utterly shite shave. one of those out of the blue, bloody messes.... hey ho :)
It happens, Mate. Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, the Shaving Gods decide to shite on you. I always keep on hand some 'first aid' post shave products to ease the misfortune.

Back
Top Bottom