SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

View attachment 101910
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.
Hope Birthday goes well.

08/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Bone handle badger
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
View attachment 101923
I really get a sense of privilege to be able to shave with Kit like todays set up.
The little bone handled bristle brush has a lot of back bone so i need to bowl lather with it as it still has a lot of "scritch" and takes some work to get enough lather for the shave. Today about 3/4" of vintage cream gave enough for my 2 passes and touch up on the whirlpools.
The Schick repeating razor is probably my favourite vintage shaver, i just love everything about it, i may have to start my search for the A and C versions.
Finishing this wonderful bit of sink time with a rub of my homemade balm and a good splash Williams original.
Yes, i do believe i enjoyed that.
Happy birthday Lee @LeeMaz i hope you have a great day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Lovely looking Razor, but for me the “ C” is a slightly better Shaver.

868b55c0fd4b7fed952d6e9dc5bcba17.jpg

Wednesday 8th March

AMWts8DRPkUagSuVWW74vXz-IOQFWaIjP7VC-RarVOLQRfTAduCESLFpQIn6r5kPsHz4LR2YKB-lp0pFbsp4aJ8HVhoiyPJzqSFmU0uwcV1PjfKcrXgmI56GcFsfTkOU8HcQB_uttYTPd_nc4p83YzLtrhhHWg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Old English Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Crown Super Stainless
Hai Karate Aftershave

... another super Super Stainless from Lord, very much along the lines of the Racer, ASCO and Lord Extra. It's a finer experience than the regular Lord Super Stainless, leading me to believe that there are two levels of quality amongst their Super Stainless - regular (Lord/Shark/Big Ben/OK) and superior (Lord Extra/Blue Sword/Racer/ASCO/Crown). This class of Super Stainless feels immediately smoother and perhaps sharper than the regular.

90199A57-3F68-434B-B20A-8AF2EF4444EA.jpeg

Head and face shave

Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB head)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm HMW Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Love the Scent of Marlborough, a good solid soap.

Hope your birthday went well Lee and good to hear that your recovery is going well Dave

Wednesday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
Yaqi 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette ‘Jewellery Set’ (England, 1934)
Gillette Silver Blue #4
Phoenix and Beau Star Noir splash
(EDP: Armaf Club de Nuit Sillage; not in photo)

Perfect. The EDP is about one quarter of the price of Creed Silver Mountain Water; with four times the longevity.

54F61A6E-1E5E-439C-B8C8-E8D5C3C28AE8.jpeg

View attachment 101910
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.
Happy Birthday Lee!

Back
Top Bottom