SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

SOTD 20230307
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Suribachi
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
Soap: A&E Khalifa
Razor: Carbon Shaving CX Anubis
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Myrsol Plastic Shave
AS: A&E Khalifa

SOTD_20230307.jpg

SOTD_20230307_1.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Second shave with the Shark Super Stainless, this time with a razor I haven't used for years. They paired really well and gave am excellent smooth and close shave when combined with the superb Londinium shaving soap. The lime smell is superb and this is likely to get a lot of use over the next few months.
Finished with cold water and the Old Marine cologne which hit the spot!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Novon Old Marine cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6407ae22d581142156d56f1a

Razor: Razorock GC .64 OC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (India) 1
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Splash/Balm: Stirling Iced Pineapple

After returning to DE from the straight I really appreciate how much easier a DE is. I needed something bright and invigorating to get me through the evening and this Stirling Soap is about as vibrant as my collection gets. I'm still culling razors from the collection and the GC is staying over the SLOC.

Attachments

• 20230306_194901.jpg
    20230306_194901.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
Second shave with the Shark Super Stainless, this time with a razor I haven't used for years. They paired really well and gave am excellent smooth and close shave when combined with the superb Londinium shaving soap. The lime smell is superb and this is likely to get a lot of use over the next few months.

Aftershave: Novon Old Marine cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6407ae22d581142156d56f1a

The Londinium to me really is a top soap, scent wise and lather wise. A God. Odysoapus

F6A45283-4165-4455-A28B-4E1E263404DC.jpeg
SOTD: 07/03/2023

Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.

You’ve now joined @Satanfriendly ’s Lime Appreciation Society! It’s a nice fresh fragrance for all year round.

View attachment 101910

I applied a little more pressure today to see if could eek a little more efficiency out of the Guerrilla. It semi worked and felt marginally better but by mid morning I could feel my stubble Beginning to return. It’s a lovely mild shaver, and the design and finish are spot on but unfortunately it is just too mild even for me.
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’ll make that my last shave with the Guerrilla and go with my current favourite razor instead. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to join the passaround and for the chance to try my first Wolfman it was much appreciated. I can see why they are held in such high regard but if need to some for a more aggressive version.
Have a great birthday. Regards Brian

View attachment 101910

Wishing you the very best of birthdays today, eat drink and be merry :)

Paul.

Rockwell 6S R4 (Polished) | Hand-carved Spalted Beech with 26mm G5C
Signature Soaps Britannia Shaving Soap | Bronnley English Fern Cologne as Aftershave
Signature Soaps Lavender & Arnica Butter

May be an image of cosmetics

Lo, what is this trickery? Well, I took the photo earlier in the day with the intended razor but as my Dremel polishing kit arrived in the afternoon, I set to the Rockwell with relish and fervour. Once complete and in its mirrored finery, I could hardly keep with my original choice. And yes, I couldn’t be arsed taking another photo when this ‘un came out well. So swap out the Jagger and pop in a very shiny R6S and job jobbed.

Last edited:
View attachment 101910

And a most wonderful of birthdays to you Lee

Wed 8
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
A beautifully rich, creamy, and slick lather... whip up nicely with the excellent brush. The soap's & matching splash scent is very nice and intoxicating plus an icy cool feeling...nice! The razor is nimble and very nice too. Smooth and comfortable enough in 3passes for a dfs-sas finish...
20230308_121229.jpg

View attachment 101910

Belated birthday greetings..I hope you had a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom