SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

SOTD 20171212.

X1htmPy.jpg

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
TFS Anniversary.
Merkur 39C.
Asco Super Stainless (orange wrapper) (7).
Arko Men "Cool" ASB.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Tuesday 12th December

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Feather Portable
Blade ~ NOS Gillette Platinum ( Swedish )
Soap ~ De Vergulde Hand
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EDT

A very good shave using the DVH soap for the first time along with the NOS Gillette's with thanks to @culcreuch. Cheers B. :)
Everything worked well and I was rewarded with a close and comfortable shave, finnished with my trusty BBA PSB.
A light body spray of Guerlain Jicky and I was not only well shaven but smelling fabulous, a great way to start the day! :) P.

Have a great day folks........:)

SOTD 121217
SOTD 121217 5.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Gillette TTO
Soap: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Brush: Epsilon Horse Hair 24mm
EDP: Rose of Bulgaria.

Today I went for a 2 pass DFS shave with the Gillette. Not the closest of shaves but comfortable none the least.

Face lathered using the superb Epsilon horse hair. A little scritch during circular motion but extremely soft while face painting. Excellent flow through.

Cyril R Salter reminds me of the scent of "Turkish Delight" I could almost eat the stuff.
Great lather with plenty of slip n slide and cushion. Scent is lovely and the post shave feel very good.

Finished with the lightly fragranced Thayers and a generous splash of Rose of Bulgaria.
Overall a lovely refreshing shave.

Enjoy yours! :)

Last edited:
Tues 12th December

Omega 10005 boar
MWF
Schick Type O clone
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

As the Repeat Prescription service was down, a trip to Town was required.This meant a quick shave was needed, so I could get parked.
My Choice was the Type O clone, which was very smooth and easy and I have learnt gives a good close all round Shave without fuss.Dispensed with Alum Rub and could have not bothered with the A/S either as could not feel any of the usual effects of having a Shave.

IMG_0132.jpg

ICo08vh.jpg

dxRi5Om.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Pradat Brun Theirs FrameBack 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave Today with My French Pradat Brun Theirs 6/8th Frame Back.I Re Honed it on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression & Finished it on My 16 K Escher Thuri..Its a Lovely Keen Shaver & So Different to any Other SR in My Collection..I Wont be Parting with this Fair Lady..;)

She is So Easy to Use & So Forgiving that I have Called it the "Girly Mans" SR..:D:D

Billy

Greetings

Monday 11th December 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: L'Essor
Blade: Henckels Rapide
Brush: Whipped Dog Synthetic
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
Edt: Pal Zileri Cuoio

Regards
Dick.

I am posting this on my i pad as it is taking literally over an hour for the new Windows update to load onto my PC. When I shut down last night it was supposed to install it then but for whatever reason it did not. I am now up to 75 percent and I started at 0630hrs this can't be right!

Update: Completed at 0815hrs and I have a reasonably quick machine, is it because the server is so heavily loaded with millions doing the same?

Anyway here is the photo.

View attachment 31647
Dick..I Dunno what Stone You Finish On..But..if You Fancy a Change of Pace then I Will Gladly Do One or Two for You on My Escher Thuri 16 K..Give Me a PM if You Fancy One Done..Or..Yellow Lake Brand 16 K..A Wee Change of Edge is Like Another Razor..:D:D

Billy

12/12/17

First shave in about 4-5 days as I've had a rotten cold over the last few days, and it was a delight to get rid of the itchy stubble off my face.

Razor - Old Type
Blade - German Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Vitos Coco Red
Post - Ben's Bay Rum

It was the first time using Vitos Red Coco, a sample given by Gemstone when I ordered a big block of Vitos Green. The sample itself was rock solid, not sure if it was down to the cold weather but it was much harder than the normal Vitos Red I have used many times.

I had more than I would have wanted of tugging around the moustache area with a new German WS in a Old Type. I've used a number of these blades, but I've never been able to coax a great shave out of them, possibly down to not finding a razor which they are best suited for.

zRTXVOao_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Dior Sauvage

A lovely shave, Fat Boy set at 5 for the full duration. Very efficient, comfortable and smooth. Really liking this soap, nice and festive. Received an order from Try A Blade, might try a Wizamet Super Iridium or Kai tomorrow in the Fat Boy. I assume Wizamet is a Polsilver or close relative, looks the same to me.

Back
Top Bottom