SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

zRTXVOao_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Dior Sauvage

A lovely shave, Fat Boy set at 5 for the full duration. Very efficient, comfortable and smooth. Really liking this soap, nice and festive. Received an order from Try A Blade, might try a Wizamet Super Iridium or Kai tomorrow in the Fat Boy. I assume Wizamet is a Polsilver or close relative, looks the same to me.
The Wizamet has the same blood line but is a far superior blade imo. :)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013) iKon OSS
Blade: Astra SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Old Spice AS
IMG_20171212_175026.jpg

It's been so long since I used this razor, I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy using it.
More than 30hrs growth swept away effortlessly.
German efficiency in a nutshell, don't know what Freud would say about choosing an Astra SS blade. :)
Edit: Not to mention the OSS handle. What was I thinking?

Last edited:
Sotd - Tuesday 12/12 -

Razor - Streamline (loaner)
blade - Corrux (5)
soap - P&B Denali
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
post - witch hazel
a/s - Alcolado Glacial
balm - Myrsol Emulsion.

Result - enjoyed that.

Another freezing day on the street working - bitter first thing - then - the weather in Glasgow never fails to amaze me, it started raining about three. The sun went down - it froze again and the whole bloody place turned into a skating rink. So - hot shower, cold shave. Perfect. When I expressed this opinion with my last shave - I got a message from a friend here saying that this was an act, at best, of 'mentalism.' Mind you, he is from London - apparently they had a light dusting of icing sugar earlier this week, covering the palm trees and kangaroos - which I believe are common there, I don't know - never been there - but I have read traveler's tales of exotic climes that far south. They speak strange and unfamiliar languages. My correspondent opined that he may need to get a shaving scuttle for such weather. As if room temperature lather was reminiscent of a Dickensian poorhouse hell-hole? Boo - frickity - hoo. Ha ha ha. The Semogue 2000 - hence forth known as the behemoth - is a great fun brush to use. Once you have cleaned the excess lather from your nostrils, eyes and ears. That will be my last go with the Streamline for now - I want to get it safely in the post before everything gets properly silly with the Mail - given the time of year. It's been superb. It will have my Gibbs as a companion on the journey to return the favour of the loan of the ER. Thanks again @Boru62 - proper gent. I was wondering how I can make my next cold day shave even colder - Williams menthol cream and cold water! Yes! So - smoother than a Minke whale's experimental Teflon coated Speedos. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Sotd - Tuesday 12/12 -

blade - Corrux (5)
soap - P&B Denali
post - witch hazel
a/s - Alcolado Glacial
balm - Myrsol Emulsion.

Result - enjoyed that.

Another freezing day on the street working - bitter first thing - then - the weather in Glasgow never fails to amaze me, it started raining about three. The sun went down - it froze again and the whole bloody place turned into a skating rink. So - hot shower, cold shave. Perfect. When I expressed this opinion with my last shave - I got a message from a friend here saying that this was an act, at best, of 'mentalism.' Mind you, he is from London - apparently they had a light dusting of icing sugar earlier this week, covering the palm trees and kangaroos - which I believe are common there, I don't know - never been there - but I have read traveler's tales of exotic climes that far south. They speak strange and unfamiliar languages. My correspondent opined that he may need to get a shaving scuttle for such weather. As if room temperature lather was reminiscent of a Dickensian poorhouse hell-hole? Boo - frickity - hoo. Ha ha ha. The Semogue 2000 - hence forth known as the behemoth - is a great fun brush to use. Once you have cleaned the excess lather from your nostrils, eyes and ears. That will be my last go with the Streamline for now - I want to get it safely in the post before everything gets properly silly with the Mail - given the time of year. It's been superb. It will have my Gibbs as a companion on the journey to return the favour of the loan of the ER. Thanks again @Boru62 - proper gent. I was wondering how I can make my next cold day shave even colder - Williams menthol cream and cold water! Yes! So - smoother than a Minke whale's experimental Teflon coated Speedos. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.
Well that gets my vote for the funniest SOTD post of the year! Iain, your wasted up there mate. Come out of the cold!

Sotd - Tuesday 12/12 -

blade - Corrux (5)
soap - P&B Denali
post - witch hazel
a/s - Alcolado Glacial
balm - Myrsol Emulsion.

Result - enjoyed that.

@Digimonkey we've also had a bit of rain this week. You're not the only lot who gets bad weather...:D

Back
Top Bottom