SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

Bonsoir mes amis. I welcome you all to my shave, abstract No.3, which developed in the shower room sink this evening and by the time it reached the bathroom towel transposed to the theme, 'Résumé numéro trois, Tableau II by Fred Kahlo'

20230913_193141.jpg

Razor IV - Muhle R89
Blade III (Trinity) - Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush No.2 - Captain Fawcett's
Soap xxx - Laundry II
Balmy IV - L'Occitane Cade

'I wanted to get enthusiastic over this shave but I thought 'fuck it, the man's a clown', and grew a beard instead'

Fred Kahlo. Distant relation to Frida Kahlo, born in Mexborough 1954. He always stated he was born in his parents house although his birth certificate states 'Cultured in a petri dish'. By the age of 20 he had befriended Piblo Pacasso after a drunken brawl and by 22 entered rehabilitation and life long membership to the AA, which had no connection to Automobiles. He was a prolific artist when sober and a prolific piss artist when not.

'A famous meeting

My shave

Laundry II. I have no idea who makes this soap but judging by the scent I presume it to be Procter and Gamble and their Daz range of products. Was there a Laundry I and is this Laundry II (A new Soap)? Whatever it is and whoever it is they certainly came up with a damn fine soap here. As oddly scented as it is. Easly lathered with the baby little brush from Captain Fawcett's and applied in some kind of bish bash bosh manner. Team lather, 'Well done' (y)

R89's? Legends in their every right. Cheap, cheerful and damn brilliant. This one being on the end of an ATT Colossus 316 marine grade stainless steel handle which just happens to be rusting. So much for substandard marine grade objects including crews and Captains. Being very much in vogue in the world according to Satan it just had to be a Billy Wizamet. The fastest shaver from the Dandy. The best entry level razor? I think so. (y)

Set on hot wash cycle with a pre-wash. Add detergent, throw a brush in there together with a razor and voila ici, un rasage pour les personnes. All courtesy of Indesit. In an abstract kind of way.

And I shall finish with some abstract kind of Japanese lady. It can only be Midori. Enjoy. Or don't......

SOTD 14-Sep
20230913_120257-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Manga'
Soap: Lothur Shave Migos
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Another excellent shave, so far it has been completely idiot proof (I should know) with being able to sling out around my face absolutely care free ending with a couple of very smooth finishes so far and no irritation.

My only slight concern is the handle, it was quite slippery at one point this morning. I'd love to see what the machined finish was like, just to see whether it offers just a little more grip.

The Lothur dupe of TF Ombre Leather with copycat fragrance did not disappoint this morning. Perhaps not getting the best lathers but it's enough, think I need to load even more. I'm also loving the little 10ml roller ball vials that I bought from amazon. Decanted some of the copycat in and works like a charm, with a more direct application it seems to last longer.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last night's shave (does that still count?)

Pre - Imperial Leather Original Bar Soap

Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Haryali wood handle synthetic
Bowl - French glass
Razor - Merkur 38C Barber Pole (thanks again @Greybeard, definitely the last one this time Ian!)
Blade - Astra SP (1)

Post - alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB

A great, smooth, incident free shave. The 38C does seem to need more care taken than the 34C or it might be the sharper blade (can't say I like the Astra's much!) But still a damn fine shave!

IMG_20230914_083149.jpg

20230913_191222.jpg

Alpha Shaves Titanium Evolution
Gillette Nacet
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 HMW Brush
Strike Gold Shaves Swamp Fox soap and aftershave
Soundtrack: WARPAINT – Radiate Like This

Finally got round to using the Alpha Evolution last night. The following are my initial impressions after only one shave, please bear this in mind. A couple of members had been in touch and wanted my thoughts, so here they are. @OrangeSport

A nicely finished razor with great weight and balance. As soon as you pick it up you get the impression of a premium razor.
If I’m being (very) picky, I would prefer the thread on the top cap to slightly shorter. I’m sure there’s a reason for this (clamping, maybe?). As I say this is a very small niggle.

The blade chatter/feedback (call it what you will) is greatly reduced, the cutting angle is narrower and blade feel is reduced.
I’d say it’s not as aggressive and a slightly less efficient, however this could be user error as I’ve only used it once.

Cheers
Rob

Second trial with
Razorock Hawk V3 aggressive (?)
Kai Captain mild/second shave
Farmasinara shaving soap "Barberia" - my current favourite soap
Witch hazel
Alvarez Gomez agua de colonia concentrada

Well, still getting used to single edge blade, I would say no drop in performance with the second use (3 passes), and I will push to the limit...
Very mild, the firs pass destroys 95% of the stubble, a bit more difficult to get to 99%+ off but even with some insistence is some areas I developed no irritation whatsoever.

The Barberia soap is just fantastic in terms of scent and post-shave feel. Drawback it's quite soft, and going down quicky.
I will have to return to Sardinia to get more...

Sorry for not posting a decent picture of the combination, in a rush this morning...

20230830_152157.jpg RR2.jpg

Thursday 14 September
If I’m not using RazoRock soap I seem to be using their razors. Today the Lupo dual comb. These are not everyone’s favourite but I can’t say I favour either oc, cc or sb. Pretty equal to me, albeit a little more care is maybe need with oc razors. In terms of performance today’s dc was a good way to compare. Left cheek sb and right cheek oc. Result after 2 passes, wtg, atg and minor pick ups was bbs. In fact I didn’t take much notice of which edge I used after the first pass. Excellent razor, well made and finished and good weight balance.
The brush is a cheap and cheerful item, probably the scruffiest one I have and still use. Nevertheless it lathered the LEA and applied it as well as anything else I have. Looks aren’t everything hey :unsure:
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0294.jpeg

14 September

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

8E430B91-CBB0-46AD-BE37-16752092C050.jpeg
A very good two pass shave this morning. The Simpsons shaving cream does indeed produce the most luxurious lather and the Signature Soaps Hibernia aftershave splash has a most wonderful scent to finish.

Actually, I'm really diggin' this replacement can of foam!

I don't think I've used a foam for ... well, decades? Yeah, I might well carry on with this can once I get home.

It's this one:

GILLETTE-SHAVE-FOAM.jpg

My gosh. From a tallow man to a can man.
Found this one in the house which my wife uses...

20230914_082725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom