SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

My SOTD carrying the theme 'To Mrs Satanfriendly'

View attachment 75153

For all those great times - Stainless Colonial General
For those not so great moments - Kai Captain
For all your support - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
For my lack of at times - Signature Soaps Londinium
Simply, for being - Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

21st wedding anniversary shave on our second marriage............. to each other. Yes, married, divorced and several years later, married again. At the second time around a Welsh friend leant over and tugged my sleeve. 'Chris, if this isn't illegal, then it bloody well should be'

My sleeve occasionally still tugs in sympathy

I couldn't find a term for a 21 years of wedded bliss. 20 yes, 25 yes, nothing for 21 so I have come up with 'PTFE coated copper cable anniversary'

And of course a shave for the occasion. Where else to start than one of my favourite soaps for getting the job done, Signature Londinium. I have to say the brush barely fits inside the tub but hey, that is what happens when you get a big greedy brush. But what a big greedy brush it is. And it is very shiny. The General doesn't really need any introduction as it gets used and reported enough by me, and as perfect today as when I first bought it. Which is more than Mrs Satanfriendly says about me. Then again she did buy me in 'imperfect' condition so nothing has changed.

But end of the day a wonderful fitting shave for a wonderful and very fitting day. I have 365 days to dream up a term for our 22nd next year and until then I will always enjoy her company.

And to end it all on it is over to those Beaver girls and their take it on it all

Hi Chris,
Congratulations to both of you, hope you give yourselves a treat.You probably realise that we blokes would probably be lost without someone to keep us in check.
We have 47 years on the clock as we got married late- all the Best
Regards- Mike

Tue 10th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Pall Mall
ES Claymore V1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 13 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

The finish somewhat lacking today, but after checking my log realised the blade was on its 13th outing. Quite surprisingly the Shave itself was quite smooth, whereas many other blades would probably be rather tuggy
after 13 outings.

839D7CD8-8351-4575-B97A-1272B880A49A.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2021-08-10
National Bowling Day
29HVQjh.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/60)
Eufros Fougère shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (18)
Gucci pour Homme aftershave
oN74bVL.jpg

View attachment 75153

21st wedding anniversary shave on our second marriage............. to each other. Yes, married, divorced and several years later, married again. At the second time around a Welsh friend leant over and tugged my sleeve. 'Chris, if this isn't illegal, then it bloody well should be'

I couldn't find a term for a 21 years of wedded bliss. 20 yes, 25 yes, nothing for 21 so I have come up with 'PTFE coated copper cable anniversary'

And of course a shave for the occasion. Where else to start than one of my favourite soaps for getting the job done, Signature Londinium. I have to say the brush barely fits inside the tub but hey, that is what happens when you get a big greedy brush. But what a big greedy brush it is. And it is very shiny. The General doesn't really need any introduction as it gets used and reported enough by me, and as perfect today as when I first bought it. Which is more than Mrs Satanfriendly says about me. Then again she did buy me in 'imperfect' condition so nothing has changed.

But end of the day a wonderful fitting shave for a wonderful and very fitting day. I have 365 days to dream up a term for our 22nd next year and until then I will always enjoy her company.

And to end it all on it is over to those Beaver girls and their take it on it all

Congratulations and many, many happy returns to you both

View attachment 75153

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!

View attachment 75153

congratulations to you both,Chris :)

View attachment 75153

Congratulations to you both on your wedding anniversary, may there be 21 more.

Paul.

Tuesday

HampFat Wooliness No. 1
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
RazoRock ‘German 37’
Gillette Nacet
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

Lurvely. The soap really is great stuff; and after a good few runs with the slant, I find it an excellent razor. Plenty heft with the steel handle; and a blade gap that lends it just the right amount of assertiveness.

511D0F18-F3D9-4790-A34D-4770099F6F48.jpeg

View attachment 75153

Congratulations to you and your Mrs Chris.

View attachment 75153

Congratulations and celebrations….

View attachment 75153

Congratulations chap!

IMG_20210810_191421__01.jpg

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 (on loan)
Gillette Silver Blue
Paladin PK-47
Southern Witchcrafts Fougere Nemeta soup and splash (on loan)

It's been 5 days since my last shave (shocking I know) but the 3ONE6 made short work of it. Very smooth and extremely efficient. At this early stage I don't want to go too hyperbolic (who me?) but I'm very impressed.

Onto the soap. This is the first SW soap I've tried. The base was very good but I'm not a big fan of the scent.

Overall a fantastic shave.

Enjoy the rest of the week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom