SOTD: Saturday 6th January - Friday 12th January 2018.

SOTD 060118
SOTD 060118 2.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #1
Razor: Ever Ready 1914
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Brush: Omega Barber Handle 30mm Synth
EDT: Mancera Cedrat Boise

First use of a 1914 and I am so impressed with its performance. Thank you @Blademonkey for providing this beauty. It took me the 1st pass to get the angle right but 2 more passes and a little buffering later I am BBS. An unbelievably close shave. This razor is as good and perhaps could be even better than a 1912. I can't wait to give it another whirl.

First time with the P&B Spitfire and I am highly impressed with its performance and scent. Thank you @wayne mattison .
Judgement is still open on this brush, it does not perform as well as some other synths I have tried namely Razorock, Yaqi.

Finished with the brilliant balm that is BBA, Thank you @windows95 and a gorgeous spray of a generous sample of Mancera that was so kindly gifted to me by @Benz3ne . Thank you Ben much appreciated, it is beautiful stuff.
The wife just asked me what it was as she loves it. ;) I owe you one.

A great set up provided in the main by BST. Thank you gentleman. :)

SOTD 060118
View attachment 32312

First use of a 1914 and I am so impressed with its performance. Thank you @Blademonkey for providing this beauty. It took me the 1st pass to get the angle right but 2 more passes and a little buffering later I am BBS. An unbelievably close shave. This razor is as good and perhaps could be even better than a 1912. I can't wait to give it another whirl.

First time with the P&B Spitfire and I am highly impressed with its performance and scent. Thank you @wayne mattison .
Judgement is still open on this brush, it does not perform as well as some other synths I have tried namely Razorock, Yaqi.

Finished with the brilliant balm that is BBA, Thank you @windows95 and a gorgeous spray of a generous sample of Mancera that was so kindly gifted to me by @Benz3ne . Thank you Ben much appreciated, it is beautiful stuff.

I knew you would love it! :) P.

SOTD 060118
View attachment 32312

Cracking! Glad you (and your other half) enjoyed the Cedrat Boise! ;)

zAbT1Jc.jpg

PARADIGM :: MRed :: LE PÈRE LUCIEN
Had a fantastic two pass shave with the Paradigm. The MRed brush (no. 006 of course) is a nice tight 2-band bulb on some very unique juniper. The LPL lather was thin, but performed well with great post shave feel. The AS made my skin slightly tacky for a moment but left a velvety finish.

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

Razor - Schick O type Clone
blade - mystery vintage single (lost count)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD
soap - Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint (sample)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

Result - the descent of one wet shaver into madness.

My previous shave that gave me some temporary respite from flu - turned out to be just that - temporary - I woke up the next day feeling even worse. I hoped that yesterday's shave would at least cut me enough slack to leave my flat for a couple of hours, six days on my own with only my shaving brushes for company - the cracks were beginning to show. They're not a bad bunch once you get to know them. A polyglot lot - speaking Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and English with an Isle of Man accent. As you might expect the badgers look down on the bristles - and they in turn regard them as effete ponces. Particularly the two-bands - 'oh get her, with her springy shafts but her cloud soft tips.' It turns out that my 1305 is gay - who'd have thought - all to the good. I like to think my den is an inclusive place. To the shave -

I remembered that @Boru62 had sent me a sample of the soap and though it might be an ideal time to try it. K. has said that he thought that the scent description was the wrong way around - the peppermint is dominant - he's right. Fine, suits me. It has a slightly odd appearance - putty like, a bit granular - but this didn't bother me, some batches of Gomez Barberia are like that. Thankfully I had been warned about how concentrated it is so I smeared slightly less than normal into the damp knot and got to it. It's very very good for me. Without much fuss a thick, stable protective lather with excellent slickness and glide. The scent is clean and pure - nothing cloying about it. Paired really well with the peppermint of the Formula K. Excellent - if there was a UK supplier I might be tempted. I chose the razor equivalent of child-proof scissors - the O Type. Job done. I made it out. It was when I got to the bottom of the stairs that I realised how weak I was - a gang of even the tiniest kittens could have mugged me for my wallet, phone and watch no problem.

I really need to get better soon - I can't hack this much longer. Mind you - if I end up with more enforced time on my hands - the brushes want to form a choral group. They pointed out - reasonably I thought - that they cover the range between them. From the shrill soprano of the Wee Scot to the bass of the Chubby and all points in between. What would the synth be? Castrato presumably - its certainly got no balls. What piece might we do? I think that Mozart's 'Cosi Fan Tutte,' would be entirely suitable for a shaving brush choir? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Enjoy you shaves one and all - yours - I.

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

brush - Semogue 2015 HD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

My previous shave that gave me some temporary respite from flu - turned out to be just that - temporary - I woke up the next day feeling even worse. I hoped that yesterday's shave would at least cut me enough slack to leave my flat for a couple of hours, six days on my own with only my shaving brushes for company - the cracks were beginning to show. They're not a bad bunch once you get to know them. A polyglot lot - speaking Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and English with an Isle of Man accent. As you might expect the badgers look down on the bristles - and they in turn regard them as effete ponces. Particularly the two-bands - 'oh get her, with her springy shafts but her cloud soft tips.' It turns out that my 1305 is gay - who'd have thought - all to the good. I like to think my den is an inclusive place. To the shave -

I remembered that @Boru62 had sent me a sample of the soap and though it might be an ideal time to try it. K. has said that he thought that the scent description was the wrong way around - the peppermint is dominant - he's right. Fine, suits me. It has a slightly odd appearance - putty like, a bit granular - but this didn't bother me, some batches of Gomez Barberia are like that. Thankfully I had been warned about how concentrated it is so I smeared slightly less than normal into the damp knot and got to it. It's very very good for me. Without much fuss a thick, stable protective lather with excellent slickness and glide. The scent is clean and pure - nothing cloying about it. Paired really well with the peppermint of the Formula K. Excellent - if there was a UK supplier I might be tempted. I chose the razor equivalent of child-proof scissors - the O Type. Job done. I made it out. It was when I got to the bottom of the stairs that I realised how weak I was - a gang of even the tiniest kittens could have mugged me for my wallet, phone and watch no problem.

I really need to get better soon - I can't hack this much longer. Mind you - if I end up with more enforced time on my hands - the brushes want to form a choral group. They pointed out - reasonably I thought - that they cover the range between them. From the shrill soprano of the Wee Scot to the bass of the Chubby and all points in between. What would the synth be? Castrato presumably - its certainly got no balls. What piece might we do? I think that Mozart's 'Cosi Fan Tutte,' would be entirely suitable for a shaving brush choir? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Thank you Iain, reading your post had me laughing out loud and has made my day......:)I hope you are feeling much better very soon. P.

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

brush - Semogue 2015 HD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

Sorry to hear you're still very much under the weather, Iain, I really hope you're out and about soon, before the "stir-crazy" malady becomes chronic.
It has its upside though, that was a great bit of prose, worthy of your avatar.
Get well soon mate,
Kevin.

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

brush - Semogue 2015 HD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

Sorry to hear that you are still poorly, Iain, but it has not affected your jocular prose - keep 'it coming. ;)

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

brush - Semogue 2015 HD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

You're post made my smile wider the more I read Iain.
I wish I had as good a way with words as yourself.

Wishing you a speedy before your soap collection joins forces with your brushes in a pincer movement !

Sotd - yesterday 5/1/18.

brush - Semogue 2015 HD
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Vifrex Gel
scent - Dior Sauvage.

Genius Iain! I was going to say get well soon, but if your mild delirium results in such sparkling writing, perhaps you wouldn't mind suffering for your art for a day or two more. Just to please us.

Back
Top Bottom