SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Sun 7th January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Schick E2- Canada WW2 issue
NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 1 )

Still suffering a sore face related to my scalp condition,which is not responding well to my usual medicated Shampoo. I decided to use an Injector after a very long run with AC/SE Razors.
I made sure that initial clearance was best done with short strokes and no rush. This approach bore good results and I was pleased with the overall finish, though a couple of sensitive areas did not too close a Shave.

IMG_0905.jpeg

D2XNIuC.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Tasmanian Huon Pine
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelium Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Claus Porto Agua Porto EdC

Such good soap - a terrific shave.

7 January

Martin de Candre Original
Simpson M7
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

DAD19546-AF12-484A-AF59-9497589D65FC.jpeg
I left it a bit late today, it was dark before I had my shave, but, what a good one, and why wouldn’t it be? Two easy passes using an excellent lather for a smooth and happy face.
The handgrip on this new 37c is definitely a tad shorter than my previous 37c, but, it is better than that one, in that Merkur have raised the chequering to improve the grip more like on my first (rather more vicious) 37c, I think.

Last edited:
Sunday 7th January

ABLVV877Kk7dwEeYsbNZadST6SBJIUEGeewARAT7tzFcC6S69ATIHsp3ikHpcJKi2bnLzrokyGCBJGBahKpWlJacfNow1yKP8gWdXTcBgpVqS42lzg6J5YNLtRzgDELgQ_fk3-9o5a8w0EJYaQs1FH5et3Cwrw=w800

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Stick (Grated) & Razorock 400 Limited Edition Plissoft Noir 24mm
Leaf Twig & Fly Dear Super Platinum (2)
Tabac Cologne

Even better on the second shave, this Fly Dear has jumped straight to the top of my list behind my all time favourite, the Treet Platinum (at 10) and a mere nick behind the German-made Personna Platinum Chome (9.9) with a very sterling score of 9.8. Lovely blade! Glad I have a stash.

Likewise, the reformulated Tabac soap is a real winner with superb residual slickness.

Great shave! Happy me :)

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Gillette Super Stainless Platinum ( Brazil )
Brush = C&H V15 Maple & Resin
Soap = DG Albizia
with matching splash
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free
IMG_0469.jpeg
Another brilliant but unexpected shave.
The last time i used this soap was October 2021,
My wife bought me a few DG soaps & im wasn’t to sure back then whether i liked them.
Most of the DG scents i have are very dark & earthy,
Some almost Grass like but having a little sniff today dare i say iv changed my mind.
This one i picked at random and the scent is Grass,
Mossy type scent and i almost get the walking through the forest as it’s described.
I have to say its thoroughly relaxing picking what i want & not worrying about when im going back to work which will be another 4 or 5 weeks off :)

Back
Top Bottom