SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

SOTD: 10th August 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Frankensoap: Erasmic Shaving Soap+Cussons Imperial Leather Bar Soap+Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Oceans ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A Great shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The frankensrazor+soap & rapira PL trio have performed superbly.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

20230809_200649.jpg

23 razors (a blatant lie there is only one) - Ikon B1
23 Edged blade - Polsilver Lodz
23 bristles - Captain Fawcett's
23 swirls of soap - Signature Soaps Danum
23 something or other - L'Occitane Cade balm

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

And Mrs Satanfriendly's for today.....

'And I cast you to the depths of hell and the eternal pits of fire'

'Oh, you mean home then?'

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Thu 10
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
A very nicely scented soap & matching balm. The lather is just impeccably creamy and slick.
I enjoyed a superb shave with this razor. The edge was exquisitely soft and smooth after stroping on the roo leather. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230810_152016.jpg

3BBA46E3-2DB1-4140-83C5-4F11BFA60350.jpeg
Simpson Duke 3 Super
Schick Krona
Polsilver Łódź (2)
OSP Peppermint & Rosemary
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
D.R. Harris Arlington a/s

The Krona is my favourite razor for shaving off a day’s growth. Very smooth and comfortable.
The cooling peppermint was gratefully appreciated.

Very nice.

Enjoy yours gents.

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

View attachment 109861

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Congratulations to you Chris and of course your better half. 23 years second time around must say something about you both clearly being excellent soul mates. I look forward to at least another 23 years reading your posts :eek:

Thursday 10 August
Today razor and brush Italian, blade and soap from Turkey. Excellent combo as it turned out.
Focus is a very slender light weight razor, this gives it nimble handling, like Italian cars, but it’s also gives the impression of fragility, a bit like Italian cars. Nevertheless, the Omega 48 quickly produced a good lather and the Derby cleared it and my stubble with ease although I did have to work harder on my neck and chin area to get a good finish. If the handle was a tad shorter it would help in this respect.
This is an excellent every day razor but whether it would work as effectively on more days of growth I’m not sure.
Enjoy your day fellas!

IMG_0217.jpeg

View attachment 109861

Happy 23rd wedding anniversary to you and your lovely wife.
May your day be sunny and your night all sweaty and energetic ;)

SOTD 20230810.
mRDqkAF.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Semogue SOC.
OUMO Brush "Soul" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (1).
Figaro after shave eau de toilette gel lotion.

View attachment 109861

Congratulations to you & your good lady...Both of you have a wonderful day.

View attachment 109861

@Satanfriendly Have a great day

10/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Avon Siege cannon Proraso Green
Wk 32 (6).jpg
The Egyptian Ingram's is a bit synthetic to my nose although it does give a nice light hit of menthol and lathers very easily.
A very nice 3 pass shave with the Schick repeater leaving me with a close, BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine finishing off a great bit of sink time.
The postie also rocked up today with a very nice gift from Alan @ekeko
Ekeko.jpg
A bottle of Vintage Avon "Wild Country"
A very happy chappy.
Happy Anniversary Chris @Satanfriendly, i hope you and your good lady have a great day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom