SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

6F76CB3A-FADE-43B5-855F-92930CBD97DC.jpeg

Simpson Duke 3 Super
Wilkinson Sticky
Wizamet (3)
Nivea shaving cream
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pitralon Classic a/s

First use of the Nivea cream and I found it to be an outstanding value for money product. Plenty slick enough and gets the job done well. Not bad for £1.50 from B&M Stores. I guess you can save money through traditional shaving!

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi Lucky Dice 26mm Synthetic
Cream = Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
IMG_1920.jpegAnother fantastic shave with the Oren
i was going to use something else but decided against it and thankfully the results were justified with a 10/10 shave.
The cream i hadn’t used in a while but it’s superb woth just the right amount of menthol which was exactly what i wanted after working 12 hours in 34 Degree heat
Roll on the next shave i can’t wait

467cdc5a-8164-4ed4-a679-7c481fbacaf5-jpg.1699602

Shave #5 on the Flying Eagle blade, and while it provided a safe and comfortable shave it was slowing down by the end. I did have the chance to try out the ( new to me ) Lime Sec today so that was nice, and paired well with the Stirling Island Man scent, but it is obviously not a dedicated AS product. I felt a little burn after applying it. I'll rig up a smaller bottle and dilute it with some witch hazel.

IMG_2541.jpeg
SOTD: 09/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

My first shave with the Titan and I found it delightful. I found it a mid aggressive head yet very smooth, with a touch of blade feel. You could definitely tell the blade was there, but it was less noticeable than say a Blackbird or Green Cult. It delivered a BBS with ease, I’d say I was pleasantly surprised! The lightness of the razor made it feel nimble but care is still needed as I’m sure it will bite given half the chance. I’d say it’s a tad too efficient for me to use as a daily shaver but only just. I’m impressed! Thanks to @Boycie83 and @Reggie’s Razors for arranging the passaround.

7E5HQES.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Razor: Rex Konsul (3.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Farina Original 1709 EdC

Back
Top Bottom