SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

IMG_2519.jpeg
SOTD: 08/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Aftershave

My first use of a slant razor today thanks to the kind loan from @semajohn and I can’t tell whether I love it or not! I love the way the blade clamped so rigidly and the resulting shave which was smooth and close but all the way through using it I never felt I quite got the angle right, it felt like I was always a little off. It’s definitely a me rather than the razor issue but I can’t argue with the results, BBS and I’ve stayed stubble free for as long as some of the most aggressive razors I’ve used but with none of the irritation! Very impressive.

IMG_2502.jpeg

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Feather DX
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: TOBS Eton College
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Eton College Cologne

Tuesday and today in one because I couldn't get organised yesterday.

Changing it up from last week's Slim/Wilkie which ran into Monday I fancied going back to my Hawk V3A and Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink. I bought a sample of each of Sharon's Nanny's creams to try. Tuesday was lime, today Moroccan sands. Both lovely scents. The lime scent is super, much better than TGS Royal Lime hard soap, and a good match for the Barts lime preshave I had a while back. Moroccan Sands is also a nice scent that's in line with my usual profile, with (to my nose, not reading the notes) is resinous, patchouli and frankincense type smell which will go really well with my Al Aneeq Oud Sahara perfume oil. I found the creams good in use, although I got a good lather with lime on the synthetic, the Moroccan was low foam high glide with the boar. Maybe it's me because they're surely the same base. Either way, good shaves. The sample pots are perfect for travel and weekends away.
20230809_082906.jpg20230809_083036.jpg

Wednesday 9 August

Leaf Twig
Derby pro super stainless 2nd use
Edwardian silver brush, synthetic reknot
Bay Rum from Glasgow soap company

The Bay Rum has a very evocative sweet scent and lathered easily with the synthetic even with our hard water hereabout. It has a mild menthol tingle, feels like an Alum block post shave so not unpleasant.
The Twig is a very well made, nicely balanced and easy to use razor, two passes and pick ups gave a bbs result. One happy boy I am :cool:

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0214.jpeg

09/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - Perma-Sharp Half Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 32 (5).jpg
Its been a while since i used the little Focus shavette, fitted with a Perma sharp half-blade it cleared up in 2 easy passes leaving me with a BBS finish, i gave the face a rub with the Alum block to check my technique and had hardly any indication spots. Very happy with that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 20230809.
k2ZMBQW.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Semogue 1250.
Proraso shaving cream (blue).
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Lord Super Stainless (3).
Proraso ASB (blue).

Wed 9th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Asylum Injector ( not )
Schick Proline ( 3 )

My last Shave with The Asylum kindly lent to me by a fellow Shaver. This Razor though using Injector blades is hand loaded rather than using an Injector blade dispenser.
I have found it to work very nicely with a Proline Schick B - AC blade, and can be used as a daily Shaver, but is very effective at clearing 3 days growth. In order to buy one I should sell on some of my Vintage Razors - Anyone after a “ Streamline” ?

E954D042-3A61-400F-B9BA-FEF29B9FF557.jpeg

To follow up on yesterday's theme of 'Just do it' I thought I would follow up with 'Do it some more'

Some day or another

20230807_203640.jpg

Play it again Sam - Razorock Hawk V3
Same day, same blade - Feather Professional
Same day, different brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Wot, not a different soap? - MDC Agrume
Again again (Quote Teletubies) - Pure moisturiser
Just dooooooo it - Blenheim Bouquet

'Thank you, thank you. And for my next act I shall shave sitting down'

Can't remember where this shave fitted in in the grand scale of grand scale things, but I am going to assume it must have been good otherwise I would be here telling you how crap it was. So, it was fantastic.

Thank you, thank you. I take a bow and give you some Beaver...

Last night

20230808_193600.jpg

Razor sonnet in R minor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Waltz in Blade major - Polsilver Lodz
1812 underture - Yaqi Dandelion
Soap Lake ballet - Signature Soaps Danum
Beethoven's 5th moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm in C#
Hall of the mountain scent - Hermes terre

'Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun.......'

And a barrel of laughs of a shave and close hilarity all the way. New blade and the Nodachi rewards with massive grin value and good reason to piss myself laughing. A superlative effort and the MDC doing what it does best.....answers on a postcard please.

And to end on some Beaver in D minor. Not as though they would have a clue what that is, but sod it, they are good (to me anyway)

View attachment 109817
SOTD: 08/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Aftershave

My first use of a slant razor today thanks to the kind loan from @semajohn and I can’t tell whether I love it or not! I love the way the blade clamped so rigidly and the resulting shave which was smooth and close but all the way through using it I never felt I quite got the angle right, it felt like I was always a little off. It’s definitely a me rather than the razor issue but I can’t argue with the results, BBS and I’ve stayed stubble free for as long as some of the most aggressive razors I’ve used but with none of the irritation! Very impressive.
I love the matching bowl, did you print it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom