SOTD : Saturday 4th September to Friday 10th September 2021.

04/09/21
SEptember
A Vintage Birthday shave for a Vintage Chin
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm and Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

View attachment 76296
And very nice it was too.
Its always hard to choose one of the special razors i have, i am really glad the MM got an outing today, sublime, close and comfortable.
Finishing off with the Barts Balm Lime lotion and balm then a good splash of Vintage 4711, it seems this 4711 has a bit more Alcohol in it than the present version.
All good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Happy birthday :)

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (2)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh

It's like London buses, nothing for ages then a quick flurry of birthdays.

Like with the mighty @Tony'schin (a very happy birthday to you and thank you for your great work as a moderator here), it's my birthday here as well.

One before a serious landmark, which I may celebrate for the coming of my mid life crisis with having the hairs from my ear lobes lasered, but on second thoughts that sounds far too painful so I might buy myself a hat that hangs over my ears instead.

I was planning to assemble a shave with some of my favourite items I've gathered along the way but I couldn't really be ar*ed so I pretty much just grabbed what was in front of me, and it was a smooth and comfortable shave, but like with yesterday's shave I picked up a little weeper along the way.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Saturday and weekend.

Happy birthday :)

04/09/21
SEptember
A Vintage Birthday shave for a Vintage Chin
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm and Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

View attachment 76296
And very nice it was too.
Its always hard to choose one of the special razors i have, i am really glad the MM got an outing today, sublime, close and comfortable.
Finishing off with the Barts Balm Lime lotion and balm then a good splash of Vintage 4711, it seems this 4711 has a bit more Alcohol in it than the present version.
All good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Been out all Day so so a rather belated Happy Birthday, hope you carry it over intonxSunday.

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Like with the mighty @Tony'schin (a very happy birthday to you and thank you for your great work as a moderator here), it's my birthday here as well.

One before a serious landmark, which I may celebrate for the coming of my mid life crisis with having the hairs from my ear lobes lasered, but on second thoughts that sounds far too painful so I might buy myself a hat that hangs over my ears instead.

I was planning to assemble a shave with some of my favourite items I've gathered along the way but I couldn't really be ar*ed so I pretty much just grabbed what was in front of me, and it was a smooth and comfortable shave, but like with yesterday's shave I picked up a little weeper along the way.

All the best for a Happy Birthday Weekend, at least you are young enough to announce it. We old fogies tend to keep it quiet.

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

many happy returns,Shubs ;)

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Happy birthday, hope you've had a cracking one!

0b3e7466a562f7775c353ccd0a3797d0.jpg

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Many happy returns Shubs. Hope it was a good one.

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Happy Birthday, young man!

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Happy Birthday my friend

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket

Hope you had a great day Shubs.....and lucky you.....I can barely remember my 40th or last year's come to think of it!

PS-Proraso
Brush-Razorock 400
Soap-Castle Forbes Lavender*
Blade-SSX
Razor-Timeless Bronze CC**
AS-Barts Sample H
AAS-Tea Tree Diluted

*I don’t usually worry too much about soaps but among a box full of all rights and also rans this is a strong favourite and a bench mark among its peers. It’s up there with the de Candre and others. The eye watering lavender blast on opening the jar never fails to impress.

**I like this razor for its weight which matched with an excellent blade does all the work for you.

Back
Top Bottom