SOTD : Saturday 4th September to Friday 10th September 2021.

Sunday 09.05.21 SOTD

ZcoUi2I.png

Gillette ’47 Milord / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Heritage Collection Ever Ready 500E Gel Bulb
Zingari Man The Watchman Shave Soap & AS

05/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather PB (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floid Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk 36 (2).JPG
Today i decided to use a new blade in the Vector instead of swapping out.
A very nice shave, everything working as it should with an exceptional lather today, so easy, all in all, leaving me clean and refreshed for the day.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

5 September

Signature Soaps Leodis
Cadman M55
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

872AA5F5-59AC-4985-8472-3F8886FC5214.jpeg

What a wonderful shave, my Cadman brush is an expensive synthetic brush but worth every penny. It produced a truly spectacular lather this morning with the Leodis soap, and left the bathroom and me smelling of roses.
Much as I like my badger brushes, they lose every time, for me, against even an inexpensive modern synthetic. I shall be moving to using synthetics only from now on, and my expensive remaining badger brushes will be used for display or sold on… Lightbulb moment.

951C3484-5D3B-4318-BCC4-487C18BA1ADC.jpeg

FACE OFF, (or hopefully not!)
Prep: Shower with Boot’s no. 7 exfoliating face wash.

Pre: None

Soap: Tabac

Brush: 24mm Oumobrush Silvertip in a Handmade Bog Oak Handle from Etsy.

Razor: Hone 15a on the right side, Hone 15 on the left.

Blade: Astra SP in both brand new.

Every since my son had seen me sneak the 2nd Hone into the bathroom he has asked me to compare them! (He’s all about science Experiments!) Hence I kept it all simple today, basic face prep, no preshave, Tabac as despite some views, you know you’ll get a good lather on the face and the same basic blades out the packs.
The outcome… I’ve got to say there’s barely anything in it. The weight of the original makes for a more traditional shave as the razor really does most of the work for you, 3 passes produced an irritation free shave, smoother than most I’ve had This week. The 15a had maybe marginally more blade feel but you barely feel the razor. There is a temptation to put some pressure on but in the most part I resisted. I got similar results maybe slightly less efficient but I can barely tell, you certainly can’t see it. I just feel slightly more stubble growth now later in the day, but it’s really marginal and not visible to the eye.
Overall I wouldn’t be without either. The lightness and manoeuvrability of the 15a makes it a better daily choice on work days but the weight and ever, ever so slightly more efficient shave I get from the 15 is ideal for weekends or when I have more time. These are not going in the BST!

05/09/21
Sun morning shave
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap : crowne & crane Tobacco caramel
Balm : crowne & crane Tobacco caramel
Brush : Alpha rubberset
Razor : Karve stainless D plate
Blade: Gillette platinum 3rd use
Alum bloc

About a weeks worth of growth and the soap latherd really well and was a very dense and thirsty soap it just made loads of lather the scent was very mild it was pleasant but nothing really stood out the wife did approve so all good

20210905_115516.jpg20210905_115617.jpg20210905_115716.jpg20210905_120105.jpg20210905_121434.jpg

Sotd-05-09-21.jpg

Yesterday -

razor - Twig
blade - Nacet (4)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl
soap - Proraso Sandalo
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon blue
balm - none
scent - Essence Vault 481.

Great - what's not to like? It is probably worth remembering - as the dust settles on Tabac-geddon - that not all reformulations suck and are retrogressive. The Proraso Sandalo for instance. It went - in my opinion - from a decent soap for the money to a spankingly good one at the same price point. I don't think it is entirely coincidental that Proraso bought out Valobra - and their recipe books - just before this happened. Who knows? Enjoy your day - shave well - cheers - I.

C159791D-F4C9-40D1-90B6-6C8414633301.jpeg
Prep: hot shower
soap: vitos green
Razor: Stirling stainless hyper aggressive plate
Brush: declaration grooming b11 snowblivion
Blade: super shave x (2)

another go with hyper aggressive plate. This time gave it nearly two days just to see how it copes with more growth …. And it didn’t disappoint. First pass dfs , second bbs… even the trouble spot was clean. It is a beast! Riding the cap does make it milder and reduces the blade feel - but lift it up a bit and you get insanely efficient beast with plenty of blade feel - any not so smooth surfaces on the face will get removed. One nick but nothing as big as last time - nicked a spot. Few surface weepers that closed on their own by the end of pass.

This razor is definitely a keeper. Beauty and beast in one. Intimidating but definitely a good skill improver - otherwise you pay the toll of blood.

SOTD 05-Sep
DSC02221.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)

Fantastic shave this morning, smooth and very close with the aid of the Ever Ready, simple bit of kit but it does the job exceptionally well.

Time for a wander over on to Anglesey with the family, might have to stop by the pub for some grub, be rude not to!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 76343

39th Birthday Shave.

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (2)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh

It's like London buses, nothing for ages then a quick flurry of birthdays.

Like with the mighty @Tony'schin (a very happy birthday to you and thank you for your great work as a moderator here), it's my birthday here as well.

One before a serious landmark, which I may celebrate for the coming of my mid life crisis with having the hairs from my ear lobes lasered, but on second thoughts that sounds far too painful so I might buy myself a hat that hangs over my ears instead.

I was planning to assemble a shave with some of my favourite items I've gathered along the way but I couldn't really be ar*ed so I pretty much just grabbed what was in front of me, and it was a smooth and comfortable shave, but like with yesterday's shave I picked up a little weeper along the way.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Saturday and weekend.

Happy Birthday.

SotD

Vie-Long Silvertip Brush.
AYLM Laureato Shaving Soap.
Ultra Rar BE-RA Safety Razor.
AYLM Laureato After Shave.
Ebenholz AS Balm.

BE-RA = Brothers Erich & Fritz Ebert Germany. German Patent 1936. Other Countrys Inventors with Josef Morschbach. (patent for the German Neo-Gam, Neo-Lux, Neo-Ras and Ebor razors)

41984402vu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom