SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

straight razor Rameau, modified (synthetic) Edwin Jagger brush, Jabonman Fougere shaving soap, GF Trumper Marlborough cologne

076_Sat_04_Nov_2017.jpg
A wonderful set up. :) P.

4th November 2017

Charcoal Soap

RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic
Ever Ready 'Sun Ray' 1912 & GEM Stainless (5)
One Pass - WTG

ZTh7Eez1iq3TXAYaWWkc6rho7ehH_9n0zeM3vXmDuVzJ4aE-QTex74xVCCcXObCa8SlPNuBmkJ5KoD8cbDohPPZTtte9d4eEkvrFT4dd_7Jyq9qEZNRN-RhN38Yh-PwM-wFGf8UTEgffDju2mL4tC0rwP4uIWdxEjyc6ZH6Om7V5JhtDNsxoQ76MwriNhLK6vSqAk-Y-hNwvss2oetKITcCjoSkioz6Y4yZyJ8YveIymTK324cshdz8RnourMcKheEBECIhGWMd3OHaWIIElCfMlKjvhnAvIRXXivYKWF0ejsQR_0n9aLS4ibOIlhleq7tEG9gQMK58pmahFWMbDO_gHZTKaJWjWUdd6Sz3cC7QYX-SwfE3-SwHranJy99JDQWKf_cdEh7Er25liCQ1sxON9tO7DCjQfDIYshPCYL85PTKP0-AD7ZnSkosgJvXqnvbLMLdasY38oPn1heoW9T74lxNIs_O0QgeginI9LUvULwbdbRveLRqVDPfmRexs3sKGQ41b3NDqsSyXIeiv9gNQqwjAqyrWHdaSrYHZGRo9hxYiy9yxC0d5BpsSLFHlO7Yo24MXAvltyQXgRniohcldnfmx8OrXOTn9fCUea3H2DkVdme8-T6kIzmHzc1S1amzSbJWC11m4-0wDibBurPQ8YEpsylkevtaA=w1600-h1200-no

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze Aftershave
Pashana American Bay Rum Hair Tonic

Oudh al Anfar Leather Oudh Attar (Wrists)​

Last edited:
4th November 2017

Charcoal Soap

RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic
Ever Ready 'ER Man' 1912 & GEM Stainless (5)
One Pass - WTG

ZTh7Eez1iq3TXAYaWWkc6rho7ehH_9n0zeM3vXmDuVzJ4aE-QTex74xVCCcXObCa8SlPNuBmkJ5KoD8cbDohPPZTtte9d4eEkvrFT4dd_7Jyq9qEZNRN-RhN38Yh-PwM-wFGf8UTEgffDju2mL4tC0rwP4uIWdxEjyc6ZH6Om7V5JhtDNsxoQ76MwriNhLK6vSqAk-Y-hNwvss2oetKITcCjoSkioz6Y4yZyJ8YveIymTK324cshdz8RnourMcKheEBECIhGWMd3OHaWIIElCfMlKjvhnAvIRXXivYKWF0ejsQR_0n9aLS4ibOIlhleq7tEG9gQMK58pmahFWMbDO_gHZTKaJWjWUdd6Sz3cC7QYX-SwfE3-SwHranJy99JDQWKf_cdEh7Er25liCQ1sxON9tO7DCjQfDIYshPCYL85PTKP0-AD7ZnSkosgJvXqnvbLMLdasY38oPn1heoW9T74lxNIs_O0QgeginI9LUvULwbdbRveLRqVDPfmRexs3sKGQ41b3NDqsSyXIeiv9gNQqwjAqyrWHdaSrYHZGRo9hxYiy9yxC0d5BpsSLFHlO7Yo24MXAvltyQXgRniohcldnfmx8OrXOTn9fCUea3H2DkVdme8-T6kIzmHzc1S1amzSbJWC11m4-0wDibBurPQ8YEpsylkevtaA=w1600-h1200-no

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze Aftershave
Pashana American Bay Rum Hair Tonic

Oudh al Anfar Leather Oudh Attar (Wrists)​
A lovely example of a 1912 Sun Ray :) P.

Date: 05 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Barbershop Hop 4x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #12
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Last edited:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Marshall Fields Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum NOS 1973
RL Safari soap
RL Safari after shave balm
RL 'Safari' EdT

Used some of my favorite shaving crap! Great old razor/blade combo, powder puff of a brush that still works really well after many 100s of uses with soap or cream, and the all vintage Lauren trilogy.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 22
Lucky Tiger face wash
The Traditional Shaving Company Leodis
Edwin Jagger DE89
The Personal Barber synthetic
Rockwell blade
Fine Snake Bite Aftershave

The shave started well but in the end was pretty bad. Razor was taking down the hair well. Cream was working excellent. Applied the Aftershave and all looked great. Next to no burn or discomfort. An hour later and my face was blotchy and acne aggravated.

Not quite sure what caused it, though I suspect it was the Aftershave. So looking at Aftershave balms to try now. Considering one of the Lather Bros, Proraso, Baxter of California or Muhle organic options.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

How do you rate the aftershave please? How long does the stink last?
It doesn't stink (for me, anyway). It's difficult to tell how long it lasts; as I think wearers become sensitised to after shaves, edts etc. I reckon 2, maybe 3 hours? Some may think (that's) not great; but it is an after shave, not an EdT or EdP.

Last edited:
Pre: Neutrogena Original Formula Facial Bar
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior #48
Blade: NOS Wilkinson - Made In England (3)
Soap: Smooth Operator Velvet
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic

cb39a8dce7a5bd42512dbec7dbf80471.jpg

I've used the Smooth Operator soap from Greece for a few shaves now. A good soft tallow soap which reminds me in a way of P&B. The only negative to date is that it dries out on the skin on occasions, so I'm going to experiment a little with the lathering to try and sort that out. First stop is a little blooming...

Remember, remember;

5_BCD91_B5-43_E9-492_F-96_B2-_C9_A81_DE62_F8_E.jpg

Gunmetal 6C (#5)
Voskhod (#1)
Cella
Bc Synth

A weekend away in London to visit a friend meant hard water was used today, following a sub-standard nights sleep after watching the Blackheath fireworks display, as opposed to my normal super-soft water in Wales. Not to worry, Cella is up to the task! Unfortunately, it was a steamy little bathroom so visibility was lacking but the cheap marzipan cream was more than able! One pass and a couple of guesswork touch-ups left me smooth with no irritation whatsoever! A couple of patches missed but I'll reapproach them tomorrow. :) Voskhod and the 6C are a great pairing! Barely felt the stubble being pinged away.

Gunpowder, treason and plot...

SOTD: 5th November 2017.
2C.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Boots ~ Original Shave Stick .

Blade: Treet Platinum (2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Boots ~ Freshwood A/S .

Boots ~ Freshwood A/S Balm.

Greetings,

Guy Fawkes Day Shave.

A nice relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday morning shave with no errors to report.

Maiden shave of the boots shave stick, the verdict?..

A very good performing stick which provided a slick protective lather for the shave, and a nice post shave feeling.Could i ask for more?
The second use of the Treet Platinum blade worked well in the Wilkinson Sword Classic , not BBS but sufficiently DFS smooth, with no irritation which is what i always aim to achieve each time i shave..BBS is a bonus,but i'm not obsessional to get it with every shave.

Finishing off with the Boots freshwood Aftershave & Balm duo.wonderful stuff, one of my favourite high street shaving products you can buy in the UK.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom