SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

P1TyxLnu_o.jpeg

Omega 10015
Gillette 7 O'Clock
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Arko
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Crabtree and Evelyn Black Absinthe

This razor was a cheapie from ebay as used by PaulHFilms in his last video, said to be a Gillette but the razor has no branding at all, nor does it come with any packaging. Very light and cheap plastic, stamped metal in my opinion. For under £4 not expecting a Tech or any durability. As far the shave, it was a great little shaver, very comfortable and smooth. I think given the cost it is a perfect razor to give to someone as a first razor, cheap and mild. I had one small nick on my moustache but my lather was a bit lacking and likely human error. Also happened to be my first use of a 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, very nice blade it was too, I don't get on with 7 O'Clocks normally.

P1TyxLnu_o.jpeg

Omega 10015
Gillette 7 O'Clock
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Arko
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Crabtree and Evelyn Black Absinthe

This razor was a cheapie from ebay as used by PaulHFilms in his last video, said to be a Gillette but the razor has no branding at all, nor does it come with any packaging. Very light and cheap plastic, stamped metal in my opinion. For under £4 not expecting a Tech or any durability. As far the shave, it was a great little shaver, very comfortable and smooth. I think given the cost it is a perfect razor to give to someone as a first razor, cheap and mild. I had one small nick on my moustache but my lather was a bit lacking and likely human error. Also happened to be my first use of a 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, very nice blade it was too, I don't get on with 7 O'Clocks normally.
+1 on the Arko stick a wonderful performer, doesn't get top marks for it's scent ,but for slickness & protection it's superb..I have a chinese Tech-type copy which is exactly the same as the Gillette 7 O'Clock, mine is also a great little shaver, it'll be ideal as a every day razor, or a travel razor..I'll have to add it to my Razor rotation...Inexpensive shave set-ups are brilliant, it shows you don't need the top-of-range shaving products to have a good shave.

SOTD: 041117
SOTD 041117 2.jpg
Razor #1 Feather SS Japanese style (On loan @culcreuch )
Blade: Proline #2
Razor #2 Ever Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem SS #4
Brush: Omega Barbershop synth
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Scent: Silver roll on oil

One sublime WTG pass today using the sublime Feather and finished off with a further pass and touch up with my favourite SE razor. The streamline."
BBS, no irritation or cuts and weepers to report.

Brush is superb for face lathering and proved its case again while whipping up a superlative lather using my newly acquired OSP Barbershop Soap.
So generously gifted to me by @Blademonkey I cannot believe this is the first time I have used this soap and I am pleased to say it certainly wont be the last. Wonderful scent and the cushion, slickness and post shave feel is amongst the best I have had the fortune to try.
Thank you Paul you are a true gent.

Finished off with the Hazel and Balm and rolled on the beautiful scent that is Silver again gifted to me by @Blademonkey.
Really is gorgeous stuff.

Enjoy your weekend and shaves. :)

~ SOTD 4th November ~

Pre - Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (3)
Brush - YaQi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap - Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Post - Warm & Cold Water Rinse
ASL - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
150981126310686[2].jpg
excellent shave today the blade felt perfect on its 3rd use in this razor I normally chuck these after two shaves I think il keep it going in my next shave , the soap lathered up great with the amazing YaQi really like using these brushes at the min better than my razorock brushes finished my shave with a couple of splashes of le male and my face feels smooth and smells great .... enjoy your Saturday night folks :)

Last edited:
20171104_155547-jpg.20039

Razor: ER 1912
Razor blade: GEM Personna
Brush: shavemac snowman
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Desmond Barrow Lavenders (sample)

Finally got round to using one of the soap samples @halvor (from ATG forum) kindly sent me back in April.
I liked the scent, which isn't usually the case for me and lavender. Performance was OK but I would prefer more cushion and glide.

The Reuzel aftershave was very good. I liked the scent but it doesn't last long at all. I do get slight wifs of it a couple of hours later though.
Face feel is very good too. As soon as you apply it to your face it feels like oil or some sort of lubricant has been added which I've never felt before. It absorbs into the skin straight away and isn't greasy or sticky at all. @pimple8
It doesn't take my top spot though. Fine aftershave is still No1 for me.

Have a good evening chaps.

It's been awhile since I posted a track from God. So here you go...

Cheers
Rob
PS: Apologise for the poor photograph.

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – ‘The Rock' ( 3 )
Blade – Personna Platinum
Brush - ‘Il Cinghiale' (Zenith EURO/RX)
Soap – Prohibition Style: Capone's Bayrum
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

Well, 1st use of the Capone's Bayrum, and it did not disappoint.. It provided a wonderfully hydrated, and protective lather, that formed the base of what was an impeccable shave with ‘The Rock'/Personna Platinum combo.. BOOM!

Sotd - Saturday 4/11 -

Razor - Parker Variant (4)
blade - Lodz Polsilver (1)
brush - Semogue 1305
soap - Monsavon
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea 2 phase
parfum - Creed Tabarome.

Result - lovely. Five days growth coming off.

I noticed the comment of @Paul L yesterday - 'simple ingredients can be as rewarding as some more exotic offerings.' I couldn't agree more, for me - the longer I have proper shaved the more I have realised the truth in this. Where it is certainly nice to have a bit of luxury - reality check, I'm wearing Creed scent - it's not necessary for a really good shave. Like this one. I've been on a vintage single edge binge recently but I opened the bathroom cabinet today and there was my Variant with a sad - you don't love me any more face. Okay - razors don't have faces but you know what I mean. So - out it came. I'd forgotten how good it is, a big hefty thing in the hand. The slightly longer handle gives it excellent balance in use for me. The build quality is beyond its price point. Let's not go over the score - it's not a Mergress, but very good none the less. Didn't need a balm thanks to the Nivea after shave. It works really well on my skin. Job done. BBS. Off into the night - given the fireworks going off in my barrio it sounds like a civil war out there. Enjoy your shaves one and all. Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom