SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

3 Day's Worth

Parties for Her Maj, so been either busy, or hungover!

Have kept the same razor and blade Aristocrat #66 with a Nacet as I'm away from early tomorrow for a couple of days so if I'm being honest, can't be arsed to change over just yet!

Tears, Droid and Floid, then today Valentia

All delivered great shaves.

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_124126__01.jpg
    IMG_20220604_124126__01.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220606_123253__01.jpg
    IMG_20220606_123253__01.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220606_093103__01.jpg
    IMG_20220606_093103__01.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 6
181B6C38-99C7-448D-AD0F-CB2A66FE8632.jpeg
SOTD: 06/06/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Juice Croap
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Return of the 6s! Oh how I missed you! I hated having to move it on and thankfully managed to replace it fairly soon, thanks to @Tony'schin. As much as I love some of my other razors this razor never fails to deliver a spot on shave each and every time, I love it. I’ve been waiting to use it again after it arrived just before I left for a week away. Surprisingly for a new scrubby brush it was a lovely latherer if a bit of a hog. I’ve no idea what it is the Yaqi advert said bristle brush, it was a £1 deduct for a very slight bump on the side. I think it’s a boar but any answers on a postcard please!
Overall a fabulous start to the week! Enjoy the day guys.

06/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - 7 o' clock Black (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 23 (3).JPG
Not a great shave today, my fault, i should have changed the blade. It was OK on the WTG pass and also on the XTG cheeks pass, Not too good on the ATG throat pass. Yes, i did ensure the blade was aligned after the Photo ;).
A little indication from the splash but not much,
onwards and upwards,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
6 June

Wickham Cashmere
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Yaqi Excalibur
Schick Proline P30
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

CEF64C1C-3815-47D6-BDB4-16C203726127.jpeg
Surprises this morning. A surprisingly good shave from some very inexpensive Yaqi stuff. The little Tuxedo brush has no noticeable glue bump, a nice compact knot, and does what brushes do well. The razor was surprisingly good and gave me an excellent very close and comfortable two pass shave, and the grip on the handle which looks, frankly, inadequate, works better when wet. A Vector it isn’t, but, a good shaving instrument it is.

Last edited:
among the high-end razors it is the only one I miss to try. Indeed not I tried the BBS times ago .
But seeing around very high gaps with which many say they shave daily, there are two possibilities : either it is not true that they use it every day ( or many have leather skin) or after waiting 1 year and spent a lot of money they say go fine even if it isn't .
Aye I wouldn't like to guess, I'm not exactly a stranger to efficient razors but if it were any more then I think it would turn into a 2/3 day razor.

Saying that I wonder if the blade exposure remained neutral (if it is neutral) and the gap increased would it actually make it harsh. Just a wonder, I genuinely don't know, I might be talking rubbish.

Either which way, so far I'm happy in the middle.

I did grab a bottle a while go whilst on a TKMaxx visit and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. A very nice scent to it, maybe not the exact replica of aftershave but close enough. I found later they are also sold on Amazon in a 3x bundle (the clear 500ml bottle) which works out at roughly the same price.

So if you consider jumping for one of these because you think it is going to miraculously make your finishes better or that it might levitate and do the job for you, think again. If on the other hand you want something that looks great or you want to mark an occasion, then go nuts.
A commendably honest review, given how much you just spent. All the potential for the 'emperor's new razor' avoided. Cheers - I.

IMG_1115.jpg

It’s been a while since I had a Tabac shave and so I went to town, using the soap, the balm and the EDC. I now smell like 1985.

The soap and all the other Tabac stuff worked a treat but the blade, for some reason, was not as effective as I usually experience in the 34C. Such are the vagaries of DE Shaving! Nonetheless, I’m smooth and not bleeding, so that’s good. :)

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Israeli Crystal (2)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Tabac Balm and EDC
Bowl: Face lather

View attachment 88927

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor - Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue)
A/S – A&E The Undersea
Balm – Lea 3in1

Each of the individual components in today’s shave are stellar performers in their own right for me so this ensemble is an absolute dream.
I’ve babbled on plenty about this A&E soap ( with good reason ) and the scent is aptly named. I wouldn’t get tired of swimming in it.
What a way to start a beautiful summer day.
I am a sucker for ozone, marine, fresh scents and so when I read the description of the A&E Undersea, I simply had to buy a tub. Thanks for enabling me. :) The two A&E soaps I already have, the Kaizen and Peach & Cognac are superb, so I'm looking forward to trying the Undersea.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Super Iridium ( 3 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound 26mm V14 Fanchurian
Cream = Tobs Eton College Collection with matching Aftershave
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free
2E0A9C29-11F3-4590-8F18-B28FEAD31DFD.jpegTop drawer shave again today.
3 passes of wonderful lather.
I really like this stuff a lovely citrus scent
Definitely in my top 10 although iv probably said that with the last 30 soaps iv used lol.
I haven’t had a shave in 4 days due to a hectic schedule at work.
I was meant to be coming home on sunday but iv been asked to stay another 4 possibly 5 weeks.
I could do without it really but i suppose i need to find my habit some how.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Monday AM 2022-06-06
Release date in 1976 of film 'The Omen,' in which Damien has the scary dog as protector
iSi4j1U.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Wilkinson Light Brigade (7)
Yacht Club International aftershave (vintage)
ebCTStq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom