SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

Tuesday 7 November
I have decided to go with my DE razors for a while, so today went the vintage Paragon, start at the bottom and things can only get better. It’s a pretty nondescript, Gillette type razor, manufacturer unknown and very mild. Possibly given away free with blades or maybe included in Christmas crackers :ROFLMAO: . I had to complete the shave with my vintage pewter Schick twin cart to get an acceptable bbs finish. On the plus side the soap and brush performed admirably, this particular Løthur having a very evocative lingering floral smell.

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0364.jpeg

Tue 7th November

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11137 boar
Monsavon au lait
Claymore Evolution + Ti. Handle
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Not sure why this Razor has been languishing in my Travel bag, though Hospital stay and dry skin making Shaving a non event has not helped.
However, dug it out for this my 4th consecutive Shave. Was rather nice, though again I did not manage to get the best of lathers from The Monsavon . Not wholly sure which is the best blade for me in “The Evo “, though I am beginning to think that guarded blades suit my beard and technique.

IMG_0241.jpeg

SOTD 07-Nov
20231107_105238.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Blackland Era Lvl 4
Blade: Treet Platinum

Pleasant one this morning, went for the mild era and my now favourite Stirling offering. Finish hasn't lasted as long as I would like but about as long as I expected. I actually meant to go for the level 5 but I really wasn't paying attention.

Comfortable finish and smelling good, have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD Tuesday 7th November 2023

45820850-0C13-4904-8AA8-A8398FCAC189.jpeg
Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Tech circa 1970ish
Blade - Derby Extra (4)

Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Yes, I finally got one of those ‘70’s aluminium Tech’s (been will I, won’t I for months) well worth getting, for a razor that is 20 odd years older than my children, one of whom is a headmaster, it is an great little razor! Didn’t enjoy it as much as my Merkur 34c, but that is probably as much to do with my lack of technique as anything! Still had an uneventful, pleasant 2+ pass shave. All good.

82090057-4016-4F09-80EF-8CD668AEA8AC.jpeg
I’m baa-ack!

I’m home safe, thank goodness, but - there are STILL fireworks going off - thankfully just a few, but come on!

SOTD 20231107
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Highlander TSR 2023 LE
Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo, Bologna. Zagara
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
AS: Antica Barberia Mondial Original Citrus

SOTD_20231107.jpg

SOTD_20231107_1.jpg

SOTD_20231107_2.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Wed 8
Soap & Aftershave OSP Bayrum + Clubman Sweet Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor & Blade Parker SemiSlant + Gillette Silver Blue
Very good lather qualities from this soap and the scent matches well with the splash! This is the bayrum splash that I like...
Easy, smooth, and comfortable 3-pass shave with the razor paired with the blade...
20231108_124804.jpg

SOTD 08-Nov
20231107_141556 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Manga' V16
Soap: A&E Club N' Roses
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Treet Platinum

Another pleasant one this morning, the Treet performing nicely in the LC, smooth run and nice finish. The first run of a fresh blade in the wunderbar may have been user error, absolutely no complaints this time around. Obviously the LC errs more on the mild side so perhaps that played a hand, have to try it again for the next blade.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 08/11/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum