SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

Evening gentlemen. I had a couple of days' growth (very unlike me) so it seemed appropriate to mow it down with my heavy grind Joseph Allen near wedge that I got from JJ. It's from round about 1850 we think, so I used the most traditional brush and soap I had in the den, a Simpson Commodore X3 best badger and Truefitt and Hill luxury bowl. 3 passes for an excellent result, if I weren't so fussy I could have got away with one. A splash of Tabac to finish and a tiny rub of Fakhrul Oud to the pulse points for all day scent.

Attachments

• 20231106_095741.jpg
    20231106_095741.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
... and a tiny rub of Fakhrul Oud to the pulse points for all day scent.

Bless them, with one of my orders Al Aneeq popped in a sampler of Fakhrul Oudh and I was immediately smitten! Absolutely right up my street! Love it! I bought a retail bottle.

For folks interested, see: https://www.al-aneeq.co.uk/eau-de-parfum/fakhrul-oudh-edp-100ml

Top Notes: Oriental (nagarmotha), Spicy (nutmeg, saffron)
Middle Notes: Oriental, Woody (sandalwood, cedarwood, gurjun wood, patchouli, guaiac wood), flowery (jasmine)
Base Notes: Musky, ambery, balsamic (vanilla, tonka)

It's the oily guaiacwood that my nose tunes into. Nothing like really, but if I said Puig Quorum you'd understand why I make the connection.

Monday 6th November

ADCreHe0mOg3zjPAwS24wHBmiqWzJAqDLd7nq8d1oNoLCxUmj3YHPhRr4MtQvBgdAqRxxZxbpdjCupyf_kJDfKJnTIbXKi3a0yMPlhaJZu4oit0GWpl7oquDFzTQ7izGIRYOJ8zGH-4YrC_4RkeXdO-L8a5RGQ=w800

Gillette Original Shave Cream & Omega Professional Pure Bristle
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (3)
Brut Original Aftershave

This shave contains details which may be of a highly confidential nature and if you are intending to copy or use this information in an illicit manner we suggest you continue no further and leave the page

Things have not progressed any further since my last SOTD and an intervention has been made by the Barbers Against Whiskers Beards And Grotesque Shaving. It appears I personally qualify on all counts of their manifesto details. However, not to digress too far they have now informed the NADS that they are not large enough to make any authoritative decision concerning secret shaving matters and that they should maintain their privacy, keep them in hand and go swing in other private areas.

Hence this shave has been authorised to have the theme, Top Secret Part Deux, 'XX'

20231105_155648.jpg

XX Razor - Occams Enoch
XX Blade - Kai Titan Mild
XX Brush - Highlander LFC
XX Soap - :censored:
XX Balm - :censored:
XX Scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'Be aware. The Bawbag inspectors are watching you'

Another partially uninformative shave from here so as to maintain the correct levels of secrecy.

A great outing for the Enoch with @mpf9ret in mind after he sent me a nice PM in reference to praising this razor. Time for me just to remind myself it is indeed a top notch performer. And it did exactly that, perform. Slick, smooth and expedient with supreme results. Certainly up near the top of the razor God tree and still the fastest razor in the pack. (y)

The LFC brush did far better than the actual football club managed this past weekend. The top secret accoutrement managed a mighty fine job.

A big happy shave and massive big grin value.

It has taken me forever to throw this garbage together because of tugging and pulling duties. It is a hard life being a seaman and we are the world's leading experts on personal entertainment value.

Hope your week's are going great and I do have to say, I love you all

Have some Japanese ladies as a gift of endearment to you all. Why, it's Midori. Because she is totally out of her tree and that appeals to me and my simplistic views.

Last edited:
Tue 7
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor & Blade Karve Brass SB-D + Perma-sharp
Aftershave Clubman Cognac Neat
I love this soap for its amazing aromatic smell plus superb lather qualities! New Clubman AS is excellent too!
This razor paired with the blade provided a smooth and comfortable 3-pass shave for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231107_070406.jpg

SOTD: 7th November 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter Shaving Cream.
Razor: EJ DE89. 'kelvin.'(Face) - Lord Silver Star. (D3)
Razor: Supply V2 (**) base plate. (Head) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB./ Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Oil ASL.

Greetings,

The Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter shaving cream never fails to provide an acceptable lather with a excellent sandalwood scent.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Oil ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 07/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water