SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Saturday

Vitos Red
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Schick Proline P
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave

A nice two pass shave today (with and across). The Vitos is a great soap and really was good to use with the AC.

Not BBS; as I left the ATG pass (not enough to justify a third after the Hawk yesterday). Good enough for a nice practice and a quiet night in.

Pitralon Classic really is great stuff...
424B11F2-E8F2-428D-A0A1-9782D18CB395.jpeg

SOTD 3rd Mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and proraso white
Razor: Gillette Super Slim T2 (1973) on no. 8
Blade: Derby Extra (#1)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest extra density
Soap: P&B Baskerville
AS: Jovan Musk

I found a pack of Derby Extra with one blade left and decided to try one again as it had been a while since I used one. The result was actually quite a close shave but post shave irritation reminded me of why I have not used these for a while.

89b8af797771578c37d9e62451fe088c.jpg

Gartbnx....

Date: 04 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue 2000 25/60mm
Soap/Cream:- I Coloniali 2x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Rockwell Chrome handle
Blade:- Kai Stainless Steel #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD: 4th March 2018.

10.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Erasmic Lather Shave Cream .

Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Wilkinsons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Blue Stratos A/S.

Greetings,

A nice relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday morning with no errors to report .

The Silver Star blade excelled the shave this morning, this is became my favourite blade to come out of the lord camp, a very smooth blade, i'm not sure how many shaves you'll get from them,at a guess i would say 3, personally what ever the blade i only use it twice then it's binned, due to me having enough DE blades to last me for donkey's years.A wonderful enjoyable shave...superb.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Blue Stratos A/S.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Several Sotd's

Travel kit -

Razor - Ikon X3 on a ES Braveheart handle
blade - Permasharp Super (used three times)
brush - Satin Tip - synth
soap - Fitjar Fjellheim cream - sample
post - hot then cold water rinse
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1 - then replaced by
balm - La Toja Neutro Care.

First back home shave -

Razor - Ikon X3 on a Braveheart handle
blade - Permasharp Super (1)
brush - Stirling 2 band fan
soap - Tabac
post - witch hazel
a/s - Tabac
balm - Weleda.

Results - all good.

Travel shaving - even I have to accept that synth brushes are your best bet when away - the Satin Tip does the job - it has a lovely handle - but I'm just not going to fall in love with it. It's functional granted. For me synths lack something. Not sure what. Soul - or a personality maybe? Perhaps I should try a Yaqi? They seem to get a lot of praise. The Fitjar soap coped well with Madrid water. I picked up a replacement Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave - which did its usual excellent job - but it was bitingly cold and dry - so I replaced it with the La Toja Neutro balm for extra skin care. A new line from La Toja - alcohol free and a nice light cologne scent. Very good. A very reasonable 5 euros odd a throw. I got it in ECI - I had hoped to pick up some Lavanda cream but - distressingly - they seem to have given over a lot of their shelf space to beard grooming shit - the malevolent effect of hipsters and their stupid beards has spread to Spain. Oh - it's an expression of their individuality - no it is not. They all look the same - too short trousers, lace up shoes with no socks - crap man bags. Is nothing sacred? When I rule the world it will be legal to hunt hipsters. The X3 slant is probably my go to for travel shaving - superbly efficient and pretty much totally safe in use. Well into the 'child-proof scissors' category. I can't remember using it before with the Permasharp blades but a superb combination for me. The Russian made ones with Turkish language packaging. I enjoyed it so much that I reached for it again last night - with a fresh blade. It's nice to get a good shave away from home but there is nothing like the pleasure of returning to your own den - well nothing legal or mentionable in polite company. A decent badger brush, Tabac - Tabac - Tabac - witch hazel - more Tabac - and then Weleda. Fantastic. Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

Last edited:
Several Sotd's

Travel kit -

Razor - Ikon X3 on a ES Braveheart handle
blade - Permasharp Super (used three times)
brush - Satin Tip - The Finest synth
soap - Fitjar Fjellheim cream - sample
post - hot then cold water rinse
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1 - then replaced by
balm - La Toja Neutro Care.

First back home shave -

Razor - Ikon X3 on a Braveheart handle
blade - Permasharp Super (1)
brush - Stirling 2 band fan
soap - Tabac
post - witch hazel
a/s - Tabac
balm - Weleda.

Results - all good.

Travel shaving - even I have to accept that synth brushes are your best bet when away - the Satin Tip does the job - it has a lovely handle - but I'm just not going to fall in love with it. It's functional granted. For me synths lack something. Not sure what. Soul - or a personality maybe? Perhaps I should try a Yaqi? They seem to get a lot of praise. The Fitjar soap coped well with Madrid water. I picked up a replacement Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave - which did its usual excellent job - but it was bitingly cold and dry - so I replaced it with the La Toja Neutro balm for extra skin care. A new line from La Toja - alcohol free and a nice light cologne scent. Very good. A very reasonable 5 euros odd a throw. I got it in ECI - I had hoped to pick up some Lavanda cream but - distressingly - they seem to have given over a lot of their shelf space to beard grooming shit - the malevolent effect of hipsters and their stupid beards has spread to Spain. Oh - it's an expression of their individuality - no it is not. They all look the same - too short trousers, lace up shoes with no socks - crap man bags. Is nothing sacred? When I rule the world it will be legal to hunt hipsters. The X3 slant is probably my go to for travel shaving - superbly efficient and pretty much totally safe in use. Well into the 'child-proof scissors' category. I can't remember using it before with the Permasharp blades but a superb combination for me. The Russian made ones with Turkish language packaging. I enjoyed it so much that I reached for it again last night - with a fresh blade. It's nice to get a good shave away from home but there is nothing like the pleasure of returning to your own den - well nothing legal or mentionable in polite company. A decent badger brush, Tabac - Tabac - Tabac - witch hazel - more Tabac - and then Weleda. Fantastic. Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.
Hipsters Iain? Try living within longbow range of Shoreditch mate. Whole tribes of them.

Vigshaving dual comb head, iKon bulldog handle, Wilkinson (vintage, thanks Peter, #3)
Ωμέγα No. 83 S-Brush
Smooth Operator
Mennen Skin Bracer
Noxzema ActionPlus moisturizer

P1050858.JPG

Wonderful three pass face-lather shave. Smooth Operator is a terrific artisan soap from Northern Greece. The Omega synthetic is a great brush, especially for this type of loading (medium-to-large bowl diameter, medium softness soap).

Off for coffee and newspapers.

Sunday 4th March

RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre-Shave Cream
RazoRock Nomad Soap
Zenith Euro AL Boar Brush
Feather AC SS (Japanese Style) with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Denim Original AS

Three passes for a super smooth shave:)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! The snow has now started to thaw at my location...so I will be spending the rest of the day retrieving my car. I need to make sure all is OK for my night duty tomorrow:(

Greetings

Sunday 4th March 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Chanel No. 19

It's plus 4 degrees C. here at the moment in west Norfolk, nearly warm enough to sustain meaningful life. The last remnants of 'that white s**t' should have melted and vanished by this evening and hopefully that's it for this year.

In my garden I have a couple of plants of borderline hardiness that have been there for ten years and now look really very sad, they may or may not survive. Next week it should start to feel like spring.......wonderful!

Regards
Dick.

4.3.18.JPG

Back
Top Bottom