SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

SOTD 20180303.

DVP52bx.jpg

Semogue 1470.
Razor Master "Erin".
Vintage Gillette NEW (LC, made in Canada) / Windrose handle.
Supermax Super Platinum Tiger (3).
Ach Brito Lavanda EdC.

20180303_133837_1520084656407-2273x1703.jpg Good 3 pass shave today... well, more like 2 and a half. The half being my chin and neck which are really testing my control over the straight razor. The vast majority of the shave was DFS, let down by the big weeper I gave my chin. Little bugger took a few mins of alum to get stopped. They don't call the 3rd pass the "fools pass" for nothing... first real cut I've given myself since starting straight shaving at Christmas. Otherwise I think I'm getting better o_O

20180303_133951_1520084703654-2226x1668.jpg

I'm also trying to get used to my new badger brush. The first couple of uses I think I shook out too much water so today I left more in and BOOM - the OSP soap exploded with lather. I'll do that again

Have a nice day all

Last edited:
Today's (tiny) shave:

rdt180303.jpg

- Phoenix & Beau Pall Mall
- Simpson Wee Scot
- Tech 4-piece (from Set No.26?) with ASP blade
- Myrsol Metilsol aftershave

:)

I needed a little help assembling the razor. Four pieces is a bit much! :D
I use a similar arrangement for travelling, my brush is the Kent Silvertex but I use the same exact razor, when the handle is folded the entire razor plus four blades fits nicely in a 35mm cartridge box.

Do you know what is the model number of this Tech? , last time I attempted to identify it Mr Razor site was pointing to a 4 piece Canadian pre war job but mine is made in England.

View attachment 33741 Good 3 pass shave today... well, more like 2 and a half. The half being my chin and neck which are really testing my control over the straight razor. The vast majority of the shave was DFS, let down by the big weeper I gave my chin. Little bugger took a few mins of alum to get stopped. They don't call the 3rd pass the "fools pass" for nothing... first real cut I've given myself since starting straight shaving at Christmas. Otherwise I think I'm getting better o_O

View attachment 33742

I'm also trying to get used to my new badger brush. The first couple of uses I think I shook out too much water so today I left more in and BOOM - the OSP soap exploded with lather. I'll do that again

Have a nice day all

Get yourself a tube of Proraso gel riparatore for bad cuts.

Nrmu22uU_o.jpg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Platinum Plus (1)
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Thayers Rose & Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Aftershave

A pleasant shave today, first ever use of this blade and like all of the Supermax blades I have tried in my sampler, a great blade. Really enjoy this soap, lovely scent and superb lather.

Sat 3rd Mar

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 8 )
Lea Classic A/S lotion

A much quicker Shave today with the Mongoose which has a bigger head and is more aggressive than the Schick Type F used over the last few days.However, Finished Shave Quality is very similar,but the Mongoose requires a bit more care and attention whilst shaving, as it may bite. But I like both Razors and the different ways they Shave.

IMG_0013.jpg

IV9SFf1.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Stainless Herder Solingen 5/8th..Lovely Keen & Comfortable Arkansas Surgical Black 20 K Edge on this Razor..A Belter of a Shave..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom