SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

40664689672_2312a934ab_z.jpg
Bowl similarity. :)
2hpFtwT.jpg

Bowl similarity. :)
2hpFtwT.jpg

Whoa, that's uncanny... They're twins I guess lol. Mine is number 4292 of 4578 according the bottom, what's yours?

Going to part ways with mine once the Vitos runs out, I'm terrible with delicate pots in the bathroom (its quite cramped) I smashed my favourite bowl a while back :(

These are perfect for Haslinger.

Last edited:
GPKS4fzO_o.jpeg

Omega 011829
Razorock Hawk v2
Schick Proline P-30 (3)
La Toja
Alum Block, La Toja balm and aftershave

My first use of the P-30 and what a superb shave, felt smoother and more comfortable and efficient than the Kai Pink, one shave is not enough to go on but on my initial impression this is the blade for me. Superb value too at £9 for 30 blades shipped, better value than £15 for 20 blades.

La Toja never disappoints, I could use this everyday without getting bored, but variety is the spice of life as they say.

GPKS4fzO_o.jpeg

Omega 011829
Razorock Hawk v2
Schick Proline P-30 (3)
La Toja
Alum Block, La Toja balm and aftershave

My first use of the P-30 and what a superb shave, felt smoother and more comfortable and efficient than the Kai Pink, one shave is not enough to go on but on my initial impression this is the blade for me. Superb value too at £9 for 30 blades shipped, better value than £15 for 20 blades.

La Toja never disappoints, I could use this everyday without getting bored, but variety is the spice of life as they say.

Lovely looking brush, that Omega.

Whoa, that's uncanny... They're twins I guess lol. Mine is number 4292 of 4578 according the bottom, what's yours?

Going to part ways with mine once the Vitos runs out, I'm terrible with delicate pots in the bathroom (its quite cramped) I smashed my favourite bowl a while back :(

These are perfect for Haslinger.
No numbers on mine, so we have a mystery. It's the perfect size for my Lea classic.

SOTD: 090318
SOTD 090318 resize.jpg

Razor: Eye Witness 6/8th Sheffield
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Stirling Barber Shop
EDC: Agua De Colonia Concentrada Barberia

It is the first time I have used Stirling soaps and you were right @wayne mattison I was in for a treat. The lather and cushion just keeps developing and the slickness remains amazing. The scent could be a little stronger for me but I am not complaining. This is a top notch soap.

It has been a long time since I cut myself straight shaving and this afternoon my lucky streak ended. Not once but twice I managed to give my chin a dig and as a result plenty of claret was spilt. I left the chin area after one pass but continued to obtain a super close shave to the cheeks and neck.

The brush decided to shed considerable hair on this shave. I am about 20 shaves in with this brush and I was hoping the shedding issue would stop.
Its funny but I do not recall losing bristles for quite some time. The other thing is that this brush is appearing to take an age to break in.
The handle and ergonomics though is beautiful.

Enjoy your shaves and your weekend! :)

Yesterday's shave

YaqI Tuxedo Marble Handle
Vitos RedExtra Super
1958 D4 Fatboy
Astra SP (2)
Lime witch hazel
Aloe Vera gel
Joop EdT

My first use of the Fatboy, obtained from @nolisco Thanks Tom.
I started off on setting 5, and had to check the blade was in the razor. It was that mild.
I cranked it up to 8 for the second pass and it did an excellent job.
I don't have to praise the Vitos soap, it works well in all respects.
I think I over did it with the Joop, but I smelled good !

Hoffritz Futur (c1985). After reading so many comparisons of the clone vs the original I'm hugely surprised how much more I enjoy this razor versus my QShave. I find it not as slippery and despite it being 30g heavier it feels better balanced with my grip always in the right place. The unit comprising the blade tray and stem has some unfortunate pitting in the chrome so I swapped it out in favor of the QShave one which fits perfectly.
c8dba1d7d04cdfe84f71e69f1bc3b193.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Friday

Proraso Sandalwood
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather FHS-10 SE
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

My first outing for the VC3 and FHS-10 combo. Whilst not exactly underwhelmed, I did expect a bit more efficiency; given that I was using one of the Feather family.

A very smooth shave. I think I'd go as far as to say ‘mild', for once. A DFS outcome; but with a wee bit work. This is the first of my vintage SEs that really needs the head almost flat to the face - handle nearly 90 degrees etc., otherwise I reckon this could be rough.

So, all in all, not bad; but it can't hold a light to my Gems, 1912s, 1924, PAL or Schicks. Can't complain for a tenner, though. I reckon a modified Gem SS blade would transform this; but the design only allows for the Feather SEs.
8328EDD4-CC22-495F-84F5-8A8D22A13DEB.jpeg

Hello partners.
SOTD 03-09-2018.
3rd day of the March Challenge and this time with a two-day beard.
Pre: Oil Pre No. 1 of Jabonesbyluna.
Brush: Symoética Semogue Barbear Classico E.L
Soap: PANNACREMA Nuàvia rossa (R M F).
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 SS and Astra Super Platinum.
Shaving: C-L without retouching.
After: Myrsol Emulsion, After shave by Jabonesbyluna.
fullsizeoutput_52a.jpg

The soap is easy to froth and it still smells great. I do not get tired, although being honest due to laziness and fatigue I did not shave on day 8 and that parenthesis could influence.
Have a good weekend.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Blue's Soap
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Old Spice
IMG_20180309_164622.jpg

Well that week flew by and was rounded off nicely with this shave.
Blue's soap is a good budget product and the MMOC reminded me why it's my favourite of the Micromatics.
All beautifully capped off with a few splashes of Old Spice.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Friday

Proraso Sandalwood
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather FHS-10 SE
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

My first outing for the VC3 and FHS-10 combo. Whilst not exactly underwhelmed, I did expect a bit more efficiency; given that I was using one of the Feather family.

A very smooth shave. I think I'd go as far as to say ‘mild', for once. A DFS outcome; but with a wee bit work. This is the first of my vintage SEs that really needs the head almost flat to the face - handle nearly 90 degrees etc., otherwise I reckon this could be rough.

So, all in all, not bad; but it can't hold a light to my Gems, 1912s, 1924, PAL or Schicks. Can't complain for a tenner, though. I reckon a modified Gem SS blade would transform this; but the design only allows for the Feather SEs.
View attachment 33890
I'm not a fan of those blades either and my favourite Valet so far is a VC-1 which takes a de-spined Gem blade.

Back
Top Bottom