SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Birthday Shave! [emoji512]
73e53f31d0cf694f814ba14aed3da1cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great set up and a very Happy Birthday @Nosdoh

Happy Bithday.jpg

SOTD, Monday 05 February 2018.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, followed Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap
Razor - Colonial The General SS
Blade - Kai Captain (Pink) Mild (Day 10).
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Cream - Jack Black's Supreme Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, followed by Neville (Oat kernal and Aloe) Tonic Splash and Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A switch in pre-shave face soap, from the tried and trusted Wright's Cold Tar Soap to the Musgo Glycerin. I enjoyed the Musgo soap, appeared to prep the skin better, in terms of the glide of the razor felt improved.

All the best,

Chris

Evening C. - if you enjoyed the Musgo Real soap as a pre-shave - you should try - if you haven't already - La Toja Magno - similarly glycerin based and a fraction of the cost. You can get it from Gemstone Trading for buttons. It is quite heavily scented so it might depend on whether you take to that or not. I've used both and they are equal in performance. It's my go to prep/shower soap. Cheers - I.

RazoRock 400
Truefitt & Hill No10
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Astra SP (2)
Pre De Province 63 Balm
Fan Di Fendi Absoluto EdT

No10 cream takes some beating
I couldn't be bothered with bowl lathering so I smeared a small amount on my face and neck and face lathered instead.
It didn't take much encouragement to transform into a luxurious rich lather.
It's the most protecting cream I've used, and slickness is top notch too.
And the smell. . . Ooh the smell !
A smearing of 63 Balm and a squirt or three of Fendi Absoluto finished my shave perfectly.

Last edited:
Shaved head of the day.
Mentholized cream LEA, European white badger plisson brush, DT 14 filarmonica razor, Proyet setter, Brut classic aftershave.
As it was not cold I fancy this cream, simple but prepares the ground well with the help of "Naoleon brush" that as I liked, the DT to the point with the Proyet setter, a music to hear as it takes the hair. The Brut was exhausted, but yesterday I went through the super I got this one. It was a good classic shave.
6a658b8e2659dfabab5a55afdd4b2751.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Back
Top Bottom