SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: Ted Pella Gem SS (5)
EdP: L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe

Another mentholated shave - this time with the venerable Proraso Green. Not quite as slick as the previously deployed Stirling lather, but no complaints.
Three passes for a DFS+. I've got to say that I'm really enjoying the 1912, now that I'm starting to dial in the angle and pressure.
Pleased to read you are enjoying the 1912 @TomG

Keep up the good work mate. :)

Mon 5th Feb
Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Supply SE V1 & V2 No 3 Plate
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Must try this Razor with other blades, now that I have proved that with a revised No3 plate
it really gives me an excellent Shave.

Cherrs, I'll give the no3 plate on the v2.0 a try.

View attachment 33133

Monday 5th February

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Somersets Shave Oil (Pre Shave)
TOBS Coconut Shaving Cream
Omega S10083 Synthetic Brush
Kai Captain Excelia (Japanese Style) with a Proline-P
Giles Shaving Co. Bowl
Alum Block and rinse
Benjamins Bay Rum

Not a shave I enjoyed. Everything was OK until my little dog barrelled into me....resulting in a cut n a cheekbone:(
Stopped after 2 passes. 10 hrs on and it would appear that it wasn't too bad as a shave......just no feel good factor.
I think tomorrow will be a mild shave to allow proper healing

I have had word back from Dan at The Shaving Shack who said the 70g pucks they sell are tallow and have been since 2016 and Paul from Connought Shaving has a tallow puck in a mug but none in stock as just tallow pucks but will be restocking in due course. So no need to worry, these have not gone to the tallow graveyard......yet! :)
Greetings

That's good news and I am pleased to have been proved wrong!

Regards
Dick

I have had word back from Dan at The Shaving Shack who said the 70g pucks they sell are tallow and have been since 2016 and Paul from Connought Shaving has a tallow puck in a mug but none in stock as just tallow pucks but will be restocking in due course. So no need to worry, these have not gone to the tallow graveyard......yet! :)

Thanks for the info Paul. :)

SOTD_20180205.jpg

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Nera

Monday 5th February 2018
SOTD 5th Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Occam's 3 dot plate/cap
Blade: Feather Soft Guard (#3)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: Proraso Boar
Bowl: Korium
AS: Alcolado Glacial

Feeling a cold coming on so a touch of menthol seemed in order. Some months ago I told myself I had had it with these Feather Soft Guard blades, I had never managed to get on with them. Being a bit of hoarder I found these the other day while adding some new Schick Prolines to the blade stash box. I wondered how these might work in the Occam's, it being a bit different with it's floating blade, which incidentally you can stop by bending the blade a bit before insertion.

Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, while not a super smooth feeling shave, there was none of the awful tugging I felt with this blade in other razors. The finish was nice and close, it took 3 passes but no irritation, it did feel a bit mild and ineffective at first but clearly it was doing the job. I will try swapping to the more aggressive 3 dot plate/cap for my next shave.

Back
Top Bottom