SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Thursday 8th February

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
T&H No 10 Cream
Lee Sabini Prototype Badger Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Muhle OC in Bog Oak with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Nivea Skin Energy Double Action Balm
YSL Jazz AS

Early start this morning for a Long Day at work.. Today's brush was bought many years ago when Mr Sabini regularly sold his prototypes on Ebay. I have no idea which grade of hair was used (can't remember)......but it was beautifully soft!

Two passes to return my face to BBS:)

SOTD: 8th February 2018.

+N14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush:Omega S10065.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Blue's Goat Milk.

Blade: Rapira ~Swedish Supersteel .(2)

Razor: Parker 92R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso /A/S .

Greetings,

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..The 92R was a joy to shave with today it paired up superbly with the rapira sss wonderfully, these blades are my favourite at the moment,a excellent DFS shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of floid ~ mentolado vigoroso .a/s

My face is irritation-free, super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings All,

Thursday shave

One day's growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Lord Rainbow (4th)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)
Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kors EDT.

Lord Rainbow Test
Day 4

Now then, just as I had thought the keenness of this blade has gone. It can still slice through most of my whiskers, but nowhere near BBS. That said, this blade has an awful lot of positives:
  1. Smooth shaves
  2. Very forgiving
  3. Very consistent (No 2nd shave roughness)
If this was a three days test, this blade would smash the Shark out the water, but it's the longevity thing. . . Alum test, not a hint of burn – nothing and I did not get a single weeper at all week.

Personally, I like using one blade for one week (that being four day), and I do not always chase BBS so, my rankings after much deliberations (and with a head cold that is tough).

1. Lord Rainbow
2. Shark SS
3. Lord Platinum
4. Gillette Nacet
5. Astra SP
6. Dorco Stainless (New Platinum)
7. Perma-Sharp Super​

Surprised, so am I, but I had too, the blade for me and my skin, is just TOO user friendly, never leaving any irritation and no weepers no matter how much buffing I did – now to go and buy a batch.

Cheers,

Brian

I love that razor handle man! Unfortunately they're all gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've spoken with Brian (From Charcoal Goods) last week with regards new stock of the Maze handle.
He will be making more in the future but at the moment (well last week anyway) there were only 8 people who had requested email notifications of a stock update. So it isn't enough to start a run at the moment.
So if you want one, sign up to the email.

I've spoken with Brian (From Charcoal Goods) last week with regards new stock of the Maze handle.
He will be making more in the future but at the moment (well last week anyway) there were only 8 people who had requested email notifications of a stock update. So it isn't enough to start a run at the moment.
So if you want one, sign up to the email.

I've done just that today mate and I think I'll send him an email also just to help him understand potential demand for them. Might help him prioritise better if he knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom