SOTD Saturday 3rd December - Friday 9th December 2016.

Thursday Night.....

2420d78f49d5e757950eb56fc9bc44db.jpeg

-Schick "66"
-Flashy FinWrx w/TGN 24mm Finest
-Barrister and Mann Lavanille
-British Sterling AS

Very nice shave tonight with the strong scent of the Lavanille filling the room. I recently bought the British Sterling when I saw another member using it. It was actually the first AS I ever used as a teen. My dad dug a bottle out of whatever drawer he kept all the AS that he never used, and we kept giving him as gifts. So it did bring me back a bit when I splashed it on. It smells good.

Merry Christmas, Guys.
Loving the 66!

December 9, 2016
Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
Feather Super Pro (9)
BSB 2 Two Band
MdC Original
Witch Hazel
Fine Lavender

The BSB2 brush whipped the MdC into a wonderful lather. I love the scent of the soap and appreciate that it last throughout the shave. Two passes and minimal touch ups ended with my usual near BBS. I finished the shave with a splash of Fine Lavender. Everything just worked well together and the shave was wonderful. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

20161208_195635.jpg

Yesterday (Thurs)...didn't have time post
Soap - Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1946-47
Blade - Gillette Nacet #2
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera witch hazel
EdT - Encre Noire

The Gillette has a nice weight to it and works well with a Nacet (great blades). Nice protection and glide frpm the TOBS.

The heavy, resinous vetiver in EN is ideal for the colder weather. Like damp pine needles on a smouldering fire. Gothic.

View attachment 22561

Yesterday (Thurs)...didn't have time post
Soap - Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1946-47
Blade - Gillette Nacet #2
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera witch hazel
EdT - Encre Noire

The Gillette has a nice weight to it and works well with a Nacet (great blades). Nice protection and glide frpm the TOBS.

The heavy, resinous vetiver in EN is ideal for the colder weather. Like damp pine needles on a smouldering fire. Gothic.

Great EDT choice @Scotshave ! I used the same today..a real classic:cool:

Fri 9th Dec.
Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
ER " Streamline '
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S Lotion

Used a "Streamline " again , as yesterday was not as good as it should have been, because I missed out on finishing strokes on one cheek. Using those vital ingredients of Patience & Focus, got a shave of equal quality to any I have ever had with any razor. That Stirling brush coaxes an excellent lather from the MWF with the minimum of effort.

IMG_1051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom