SOTD: Saturday 30th September - Friday 5th October 2017

SOTD_20171001-1024x682.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Proraso - Green - Cream
  • Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - 21mm (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery - G12 Ivory & Green Oribe
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Weekend In Malibu
  • After-Shave: Stirling Soap - Weekend In Malibu

Vigshaving Finest Badger 2 Bands
Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop
Heljestrand
GEM SS PTFE coated
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
ASL Veleiro

737e7e1c829af331c8526c95d32f4907.jpg

Every time I use a GEM blade razor It always makes me wonder why do I have any other razors. Today was not an exception. Absolutely wonderful shave, super close, zero irritation and very comfortable. It's like these razors and blades were created for me. The only problem with the Heljestrand it's the size of the lather catcher that makes it a bit cumbersome using on the moustache area.

This first use of Mike's was a great one too. Easy to lather and resulting in a pretty slick, dense and with great post properties. I wish the scent was a bit more assertive but it's a good citric powdery scent nonetheless.

Last edited:
Pre: Lucky Tiger Facewash
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: The Personal Barber Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Soap: TwaBurds Bay Rum & Tequila
Aftershave: RazoRock Dead Sea Lotion

No bleeding or noticeable irritation afterwards, though when applying Aftershave I had the worst burn I have had yet. I think this is down to the Gillette Silver Blue blades so these are now ruled out of the my blade selection. I did not use any pre-shave cream as I have run out and am waiting on some Edwin Jagger cream to arrive from Shave Lounge so this may have contributed towards the burn.

I am still working through finding the best blades for me and so far they are Rockwell and Derby Premium. Both of those have been absolutely fantastic so far in my Edwin Jagger.

Last edited:
SOTD_20171001-1024x682.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Proraso - Green - Cream
  • Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - 21mm (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery - G12 Ivory & Green Oribe
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Weekend In Malibu
  • After-Shave: Stirling Soap - Weekend In Malibu
What is the longevity on the Stirling Balm, how long does the scent last?

Sunday 1st October

Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Lea Shave Stick
Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Feather Artist Club SS Japanese Style with a Feather Pro
Alum Block and Rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Benjamin's Bay Rum with Pimento

After a month of shaving with SE safety razors it was nice to reacquaint myself with one of my Feather ACs. A nice and leisurely DFS+ shave with 2 passes....if I dont have something to shave tomorrow morning I will be a little untidy by late afternoon!

Razorock Old Type / Chinese Wilkinson. This feels to me a noticeably milder razor then my Single Ring or thick cap Old. Very smooth, but no problem with efficiency, still able to get to the finish line with the usual 3/2+ passes for beard and head shave. A solid recommendation for someone with trepidation about getting into OC razors.
259304eed49dc0c0d47f93ad845241f1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Evening gentlemen!
After owning a mwf soap for nearly a year I finally plucked up the courage to give it a try.
There is so much controversy over it I decided it best watch some YouTube videos to find the general consensus on how best to tackle lathering the beast.
Half an hour later I'm totally confused? It appears the most sure fast way to get it to behave is to stand on a wild boars back with left trouser leg rolled up to just below the knee whilst recanting satanic verse in d minor.
So, I ignored everything and just treated it like any other hard soap, and blow me, I had copious amounts of slick gorgeous lather, not only that it smelt awesome!
I love it :)
Just to be on the safe side though I did still sacrifice the pig and lay my hands upon the local witch, had to be done.:D
Mitchell's wool fat soap
Rockwell razor on #3
Feather ss blade #1
Executive shave pre oil
Grosvenor boar brush
Dove as moisturiser.
What an incredible shave.
IMAG1386_1.jpg

Evening gentlemen!
After owning a mwf soap for nearly a year I finally plucked up the courage to give it a try.
There is so much controversy over it I decided it best watch some YouTube videos to find the general consensus on how best to tackle lathering the beast.
Half an hour later I'm totally confused? It appears the most sure fast way to get it to behave is to stand on a wild boars back with left trouser leg rolled up to just below the knee whilst recanting satanic verse in d minor.
So, I ignored everything and just treated it like any other hard soap, and blow me, I had copious amounts of slick gorgeous lather, not only that it smelt awesome!
I love it :)
Just to be on the safe side though I did still sacrifice the pig and lay my hands upon the local witch, had to be done.:D
Mitchell's wool fat soap
Rockwell razor on #3
Feather ss blade #1
Executive shave pre oil
Grosvenor boar brush
Dove as moisturiser.
What an incredible shave.
View attachment 29572
Laffin :D! Great write up and gear.

Do I spot two spent Bullets to the right of your pic? :rolleyes:

Wild boar in cider will be your staple diet for the winter me thinks. ;):)

Back
Top Bottom