Razor: RazzoRock Hawk /Maggard MR6 handle
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Post shave: Lots of cold water, Nivea 2 Phase After Shave Lotion
443a9c8dd1bb202d1fa1b5db65c40359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings All,

Friday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Sweyn Forkbeard - Cedarwood & Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Shark SS (3rd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir (bowl and face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, a shower and to conclude Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

I do not see myself as DE shaving long enough or exposed to the many tools and products to be classed as an expert, but here's a wee review of my second use of the Sweyn Forkbeard shaving cream. So, it looks like cottage cheese, unlike any cream I have seen before, however, in my Caractacus Bowl it suddenly became a wonderful, nicely scented (not too strong), thick and creamy lather. Slick, damn, this stuff is super slick and my shave was very nice experience this morning. Downside, only one, the lather in my bowl dissipated slightly, but I had enough in my brush for three stonking passes. Also, the slickness took a while to wash off – but (that's) not a bad thing.

First use of Nivea Sensitive Cooling mildly scent soothing post shave balm – a nice addition to my Shaving Den (actually, it's a bathroom cabinet, but Den sounds better)

Cheers,

Brian

Friday 8th SEptember
Zenith 506U TS
The Handmade Soap Co
Basil, Lime & Sweet Orange
Ever Ready 1912
GEM SSC #8
Alum Wash
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
GcYDAnE.jpg

Second shave with the Irish soap pass around produced an excellent shave. I'm still not keen on the light scent but I must have got the water balance better as the slickness was much improved.

Last edited:
Fri 8th Sept
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Brass General + Windrose Handle
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Another Heavyweight experience, this time with the General. Seems nicely balanced with this Handle,
and Shaves very smoothly but today the finish not as good as usual so I suspect the blade is on its way out. Perhaps now I should think about using a Vintage SE/Injector as I have recently received some honed Vintage blades from Tom of Bunny Fame.

IMG_1570.jpg

There's no perfect match for the Ikon Tech head (I'd like to strangle the designer) but the titanium Halo works best for me despite the cosmetic mismatch. Balance point is a bit south of where it should be but the long handle makes up for that in usability In terms of efficiency the Tech is from another planet, best one pass razor I've used (including AC blade stuff). It cuts me on the left upper lip in exactly the same spot my E2 does, just its way of showing who's boss.
501f1b123bfaa4f04cf235189168d9d6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pre: Warm shower and Prep pre shave cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C - plate 2 all passes
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Soap: Soap Commander Vision (sample(
Brush: Omega 10275
Bowl: random plastic from ebay
Extra used Proraso alum gel for a little nick
380059979171ecd418726d66bb756bf5.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Very nice looking setup and a great aftershave. ;):)
Where can I buy this tin?
First of all....thank you for your kind words
That tin I have had for years. I know I bought it on eBay and similar does exist. I will be honest....It doesnt contain Klar Kabinett....but the tin looked much better than the beaten up Tupperware container which does! It actually contains my Mitchell's Wool Fat. An exact fit for a puck!

Friday AM 2017-09-08

Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle (Jet Black)
3/3 Ivory Finest #2 (26mm/65mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Diamond
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (4)
Love My Skin Almond aftershave
LTNfJzG.jpg
The aftershave, does it smell of almonds or contain oil from them?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

RrJrDrM0.jpeg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Parker 65R
Rapira Super Stainless (2)
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Dior Sauvage

Two great shaves in a row with the Parker, it is a beautiful razor to look at, nice heft to it too. I am used to shorter handles but this is nice for a change. Gives a great shave which is all that matters really. The Cade made for a really good lather, a bit too thick in the bowl but you can always add water on the face. No complaints for today.

Back
Top Bottom