SOTD: Saturday 2nd September - Friday 8th September 2017

SOTD_20170908-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: J.A. Henckels - Friodur - 72
  • Shaving Brush: Vie-Long - 13071 (Horse Hair)
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Mountain Man
  • After-Shave: Stirling Soap - Sharp Dressed Man
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d''Orient

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus

Soap: APR Lixiviant
Razor: ATT Kronos (R2)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Lixiviant

A four day growth was dispatched with disdain by this combo. The Spoiler blade worked very nicely indeed with the mid-aggressive R2 open comb plate. The lather was excellent as always from APR. The Lixiviant scent, paradoxically both fresh and exotic, swirled around my bathroom and made me a happy man.

Friday 8th SEptember

Birch Tar Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Klar Kabinett Soap
Giles Shaving Bowl
Zenith Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Organic Rosewater and Glycerine
Pitralon Swiss AS

3 Passes for a super smooth shave. Absolutely no complaints. Looking forward to the weekend!

Very nice looking setup and a great aftershave. ;):)
Where can I buy this tin?

Last edited:
Speedy SOTD;

IMG_5136.jpg

Required a quick one before work so grabbed my newly-acquired RR BC Synth, newly-acquired Wickham's Cashmere, newly-received (on loan) Rockwell 6S (#5), loaded with a Voskhod on it's 2nd use and got to work.
In no time, copious lather was made, neck was shaved! 2 quick passes left me smooth, but I got a bit close under the chin. Some BBA PSB sorted that out, as usual. Today, I could see where favour lies with the 6S but I think I've had better shaves with cheaper razors. I think with a bit of time I could grow to love it but right now, 3 shaves in, I'm not too sure. I do, however, love the satin SS look and feel! The heft takes some getting used to as I'm certainly more familiar with lighter razors! A spritz or 9 of Armani Prive Figuier Eden (duplicate) and I'm smelling fruity, fresh and feeling fine!

Another thanks to @Gem for lending me this razor.

Roll up, roll up! Who's next?!

Pre: Bulldog original face scrub
Soap: XPEC
Brush: Razorock 400 aluminium
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate 6)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post shave: Thayers cucumber witch hazel, Myrsol blue aftershave, BBA post shave balm

36928815142_867524c81b_c.jpg

36928815142_867524c81b_c.jpg

A zen shave this morning.

I'm currently evaluating my 'shave den', so XPEC was up on the chopping board this morning.

Recently I have been using a stubborn Semogue 620 that refuses to break in fully and loves to eat my lather. So as I am evaluating a product, I played it safe and opted for the Razorock 400 with its lovely aluminium handle providing a nice heft.

The lather was easy and superb, with plenty of cushion and glide. The XPEC delivered a fantastic close shave with no nicks or weepers.

The verdict? It's a keeper.

I know some people hate the scent, but I quite like the pepperiness of it. And unlike lots of my other soaps - the scent doesn't vanish during use. So that's another plus.

There was no real need for any post shave - but, what the heck.

A great shave.

Supply's TheSingleEdge with Proline blades is really great razor! This blades are so smooth and sharp in TheSingleEdge.

Faena MLEV is fantastic soap - scent, slicknes and post feelings are just great! And this brush from TurnNShave is really lather machine.

For post shave, I choose Prep. Just a little bit of menthol after nice mint in slap.

dd9a8a09b6dc0c48465a75b3d5af5782.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom