SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

Fri 5th Oct

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE -G
Gem S/S [ 1]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My first Proper Shave with my ATT SE- G, which did not work without shimming , until the Base Plate was altered by Paul @Blademonkey. Got it back late yesterday so had to be tested today.

I carefully chose a dependable soap and it worked a treat, as the Razor performed smoothly and comfortably throughout the shave. The Razor now has a nice degree of blade feel without being aggressive, and the finish was superb on the upper parts of the face, but I need to work on the angles on the neck area where I did not get things right.

It Is quite a relief to know that I now have a Modern S/S Gem Razor that works, thanks to Pauls magic touch. I can now look forward to getting know this Razor properly.

IMG_0267.jpg

Last edited:
Friday

Pre shave oil
Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado
Edwin Jagger with Astra
Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic brush
Weleda balm

AsSMe94.jpg

Over the last week I've been shaving with ...

Gillette Fusion ProGuard w/ProGuard Chill blade
Gillette Fusion 5x Sensitive Gel

Post shave has been witch hazel, Floid Suave, Pinaud VIBR, Pinaud Veg & Novaya Zarya Shipr
Hair Tonics have been Pinaud Eau de Portugal and Esprit Fougere
Attars for personal scent

I have to say, I really like the Gillette Fusion format. I have comfortable shaves, certainly as comfortable as with a vintage Tech or an Ever Ready 1912, but somehow uneventful. I don't mean that I have unfortunate events with vintage, more that using vintage makes the shave feel more than routine. That said, with this format I can shave and get about my day without a lot of fuss or planning. It's certainly jumped me into a more spontaneous selection for aftershave.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Unbranded Handle with 29mm V.Sheng 2BF
Soap: Tabula Rasa Light Cream
Razor: DeHaven M3
Blade: Feather Pro
IMG_20181005_151856.jpg

A great end to the working week.
Many thanks to @Acer89, cheers James, for rescuing this knot and finding a lovely handle to boot.

image.jpg

~SOTD~ October 5th

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glycerlanolina Soap
Razor ~ ATT SE-G
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ London Oatcake ~ Oatcake ( Etsy Oatcakesoap )
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo Silvertip
Post ~ Thayers
Scent ~ Guerlian Jicky Parfum

A fine shave from my ATT SE-G paired with a stainless Gem blade, the signature scent "Oatcake" from London Oatcake Shaving Soap was perfect with good slide and protection and as an added bonus a great scent too.
Left with perfectly shaven smooth supple skin I finnished off with a few dabs of Jicky on my pulse points, perfect!

Until the next time.........P.

Friday 5th October 2018
SOTD.jpg

Pre shave: Warm shower and Bulldog face wash + Noxzema Shave Cream
Razor: PAA DOC
Blade: NOS Gillette Stainless - Czech Republic (#5)
Soap: Proraso Blue cream
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Humphreys Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Proraso Blue Balm

Whereas you, mate, are possibly one of the most generous people I know. And also a bad influence too...

I'm conflicted, it's like I'm being groomed in reverse, I get given lot of nice stuff and plied with alcohol, but nothing is expected in return...;)

I couldn't be bothered shaving today, but @Satanfriendly kindly gave me an Orkney Soap "Thor" set of soap and balm, plus a selection of blades, and a lovely MÜHLE brush to play with, so I'm looking forward to experimenting tomorrow.

Generous? Generous!? I just use you as an outlet for getting rid of all the stuff I somehow accumulate in life. If it isn't folk offloading HiFi on to me then its every Mexican I know (and quite a few at that) bearing Mexican coffee by the kilo when they visit. Which of course is very nice but I am by nature a tea drinker with zero appreciation of good coffee.

As for the Orkney Soap Co. Anyone who can name their shaving soap 'Thor', the God of thunder, lightening and all things evil from the skies, then give it a rose scent isn't even worthy of a sniff.

You only leave when the fridge is empty, the wine all downed and you've managed to sleep your hang over off in the upstairs room which we have now renamed 'Rob's room'. Is there any particular colour you'd like it painting the next time we decorate?

Back
Top Bottom