SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Proraso Sensitive pre shave
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Soap: Proraso Sensitive
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Personna Stainless (1)
AS: Brut

First use of the new (to me) Slim Twist. Quite mild but nice and easy to find the right shaving angle so I got a good efficient shave.

Last edited:
And the theme for this evenings shave was ' Spanish Nights'

_A040006 (2).JPG

7 nights in Madrid - Ikon SB - Colossus handle - Wizamet Super Iridium
1 night in Barcelona - Muhle synthetic silver tip
5 nights in San Sebastian - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
3 nights in Zaragoza - Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Barberia Eau de Cologne

B&B included

So this evening saw an outing for the Ikon SB with a new blade to me in the Iridium Super which to be honest I am not quite so sure where the 'Super' came from. I can think of better out there.

I was out with @Rob998 (We have known each other quite some time now) having our usual pint(s) and a chat and he mentioned some guy on a HiFi forum who grabbed a freebie Ikon having never shaved DE before. I have to admit the photo he showed me contained more blood than your average slasher movie. Not pretty and even less so after letting loose with one aggressive razor. Oh my oh my

From my point of view this razor took some time to adapt to its nature but now it simply performs one great shave after another and this evening was no different. The choice of blade was a bit odd for me but again it was one of those sit at the back and be quiet items in the cabinet. In the Ikon it did a good job but I didn't quite feel as comfortable as I do a number of other blades. Then again I think the SB can make good of most blades, complete duffers aside of course. Overall as the action end of the shave everything performed effortlessly and a three pass shave was achieved with ease.

The Alvarez cream I have always thought to be a nice performer with the best 'old barber shop' scent I can think of. However; for some reason I find myself having to replenish the cream regularly throughout the shave as it seems to simply disappear. Even after face lathering and showing a good face of cream. As a consequence it doesn't have the best of glide properties but in its favour a small cream does create a mountain of lather and so plenty to see me through the shave. Strange things are afoot

From what I read Alvarez have been using much the same scent for the past 100 years or so and I am so pleased they have stuck to the basis of their original fragrance. The Cologne is absolutely divine and I came away from this evening's shave feeling as though I had just walked out in to the early 1900's and completely dapper about it. This is a real crisp white shirt fragrance. It is a pity I am going to bed soon and I am going to feel a complete twat doing so in a white shirt, but at least I know what I am wearing in the morning.

So this evening saw one wonderful shave despite the disappearing shaving cream and I feel completely refreshed and ready for hitting the pillow feeling better than I did last night. @Rob998 you are a bad influence and bad man. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Whereas you, mate, are possibly one of the most generous people I know. And also a bad influence too...

I'm conflicted, it's like I'm being groomed in reverse, I get given lot of nice stuff and plied with alcohol, but nothing is expected in return...;)

I couldn't be bothered shaving today, but @Satanfriendly kindly gave me an Orkney Soap "Thor" set of soap and balm, plus a selection of blades, and a lovely MÜHLE brush to play with, so I'm looking forward to experimenting tomorrow.

Cream and bam castle forbes lime, brush Rooney Heritage collection stubby super badger, vintage razor Backal Guadalajara 13/16, after shave Myrsol lemon water.
The third shave with this razor, enjoyable, the vintage steels are good for me. Good night friends.
3d8cdeb2fcd49960c26e7db8ed49cd1b.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes
Semogue 1305
Little Wren Pottery
Pils 101NE
Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Eau Sauvage EDT

We are promised 22 degrees in London today so perhaps the last chance to use this favoured software setup this year. Have a good day gents.

Friday 5th October

Hano de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Preshave cream
Stirling Pumpkin Spice Soap
MÜHLE Medium Silver Tip Fibre Brush
Merkur Futur (3, 3, 4) with a Super Max Blue Diamond
Alum and Rinse
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Old Spice Noir AS

I havent used any of my MÜHLE STF brushes in ages. I think they are the V1 version of the fibre and IMHO ......to me they feel more like Pure Badger.....a little prickly. For that reason I had started to use their cheaper offerings with Black Fibre Knots which were much softer. Having said that.....the brush performed admirably and I will have to use them more often.

3 passes for a perfect shave:)

Back
Top Bottom