SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

@Boycie83 See, No tin for Mogno here
urban cowboy houston GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image

Thanks - I’ve got the good old hard pucks of platinum and l’orange noir. Was thinking if it was worth picking up the american blend in the new croap...

You might prefer the new formula as it has a low structure lather, like most new soaps these days. I'm not the biggest fan of that style TBH.
The old formula was one of my favourites and in my top 5 bases and I've tried a lot of soaps.

Last edited:

SOTD : 3rd June 2021.

108.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Face Lather.
Lather : Lea Shave stick.
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D4)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals. + Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB. / Superdrug ~Sierran Breeze ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

last outing of the Polsilver Super Iridium.

A wonderful performance from the Lea shave stick, providing a good slick lather and a great post shave with no drying issues.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Superdrug ~Sierran Breeze ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thu 3 SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe & Lavender
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 6th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Superb lather from the soap! Calming scent, thickly creamy and slick lather...very enjoyable!
Shave with razor paired with the blade (still in the Astra blade challenge) was good, reasonably smooth but efficiency is abit less compared to yesterday's blade. Managed 3passes without any issues for a between bbs and dfs result. Good aftershaves as usual.
20210603_134542.jpg

194810356_494947451745093_7199570227877460893_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming God Save The Queen
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: PMerkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post: Pinnacle Grooming God Save The Queen ASL, Baxter balm

Time to give my recent BST purchase a go. It's a funny scent - from the off I get the metallic, ozonic description, but predominantly I get aniseed! Thankfully the ginger and cardamon notes evade me.The soap mellows quickly, but the ASL introduces a lot more sweetness. Rather pleasant once it's bedded in. The soap claims to be able to take a lot of water, but in comparison to TDS or Signature it falls short. Once I'd dialled in a suitable amount though it sprung to life. Decent slickness and post-shave feel.
I don't use Nacets often enough. If I'm honest with myself, I think I discarded a lot of blades early on in my DE adventures because I didn't have the experience to appreciate them, and it's only through revisiting them now that their characteristics come through . Today's shave was a perfect two-pass DFS+ with zero irritation or weepers. What's not to love?

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 3rd June 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Croap: RR Saturnia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GC .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)
Post Shave ASL: RR Saturnia
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Hope (Peppermint)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

BBS/FF shave again today, I think I'm beginning to get the knack of this DE shaving malarky :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_1069.png

03/06/21
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: OSP Dark Matter
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Gillette Rubie (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 22 (6).JPG
Very Nice!
I am clean, refreshed and ready for another busy day, i will be glad to get back to work for a rest!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Today’s shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. ........ SV 70th Anniversary
754E022E-56B2-490A-B07F-0773D69B1879.jpeg

Brush. ....... Beehive 26mm Maggards SHD 2 Band
Razor. ....... Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade ....... Nacet
Asb. .......... Nivea
ASL. ......... Floid.

A really close excellent shave from the Rockwell, Nacet combo. Turned it up a notch to plate 5 and still comfortable and smooth. Saponificio Varesino created a superb lather. A splash of Floid and all is well. Definitely a 10/10
Stay safe, keep smiling

Last edited:
Thanks Iain

Eau Sauvage has been my favourite since I was a teenager - my eldest brother used it, and when I started working I bought my first bottle of EdT- my parents thought I was crazy spending so much on a bottle of scent!
The shave cream is quite good, but is let down a little on slickness. The scent from it at first has a chemical note, but when properly lathered it's very nice.
I wouldn't mind trying the EdP some day, but the Extreme EdT is good stuff.
I’m a huge fan of the EdT and I’d like to get a hold of the after shave too...

In terms of smoothness it’s the smoothest razor I’ve ever used and I’ve found the razor is useable across all settings, apart from setting one which I use if I want to buff on different areas. On setting 5 the razor is efficient, I’ve used more efficient razors but not with this level of smoothness and it’s easy to achieve a BBS shave. Only things I’d change are I’d like the handle to be a touch longer, I think the stand isn’t great in terms of fit for the handle and lastly I’d like level 1 to be the current level 2 and move up the 5 levels from there.
Thanks for that. I like the look of it and with the versatility of the adjustable razor that can be used on all levels...unlike the Ambassador. Certainly a contender if I get an itch for another razor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom