SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.

Soap: Proraso green

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin

Blade: Astra SP

I’m off camping in Norfolk so it was a basic shave to say the least! Still a great refreshing to take the camping sweat and scum away!

Attachments

• 0C49D98B-83F2-4F05-A9BE-CF62D213FF4E.jpeg
    0C49D98B-83F2-4F05-A9BE-CF62D213FF4E.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 70945

Another citrus shave, with two newish things and two oldish things.

New are the Blackland Vector and the Martin de Candre Argumes soap.
Old are the Semogue 830 and Trumper’s Limes Cologne.

Fresh and fruity!

As I say, the Vector is still newish to me, and I'm finding the blade gap a little fierce for me against the grain. I think this is one where I need to work on the angle to ease it off a touch. But still I had a near BBS shave and very little irritation on the neck, which is always my trouble spot.

The soap is just astonishing. A couple of swipes with the Semogue, fully loaded the brush. I was going to order a full tin of the argumes, but I think the small jar will probably last years!

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Soap: Martin de Candre Argumes
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Cologne
Bowl: Face Lather

MDC. Hard to wrong with. A super choice

Prep: Cella gel pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Morris & Forndran L7 Heritage II
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: H&S Z074 TI
Blade: Feather HI
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

SOTD_20210601.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

The usual wonderful photo. Not bad for someone who renovates benches

Yes I think you’re right there once it’s shampooed it needs a good heavy load and takes a couple of lathers to be back at optimal performance, really glad it worked out better for you on the second pass and hope it’s back to what it should be in the next shave..they are great brushes so luxurious an absolute dream to shave with I really do love mine !
Yes, I am hopeful, and thanks for your support. I, also, think that this brush is the epitome of a luxury brush, the just the right size “Chubby”.

View attachment 70945

Another citrus shave, with two newish things and two oldish things.

New are the Blackland Vector and the Martin de Candre Argumes soap.
Old are the Semogue 830 and Trumper’s Limes Cologne.

Fresh and fruity!

As I say, the Vector is still newish to me, and I'm finding the blade gap a little fierce for me against the grain. I think this is one where I need to work on the angle to ease it off a touch. But still I had a near BBS shave and very little irritation on the neck, which is always my trouble spot.

The soap is just astonishing. A couple of swipes with the Semogue, fully loaded the brush. I was going to order a full tin of the argumes, but I think the small jar will probably last years!

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Soap: Martin de Candre Argumes
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Cologne
Bowl: Face Lather

There's probably something wrong with my 50g Agrumes soap. It just doesn't load properly from its tiny jar. The lather is not there unless I place a few shavings from it into a lathering bowl and work from there. And even then the lather is still thin and runny.

After a long hot and hard day some serious menthol needed to cool things down.

Prep
Pre-shave - Prorasso green.
Shave soap- Razorock Xxx fresco
Brush- Yaqi Lucky Dice

Face
Razor- Mühle R89
Blade - Vokshod

Head
Razor - Leaf
Blades - 1 Leaf, 2 Derby green (split in half).

Post-Shave
ASL - Mix of witchhazel and Benjamin's mentholated bay rum.
ASB - Baxter's Aftershave balm.

SoTd
Lovely shave this evening using the Esteem Barbershop I have been kindly gifted..the scent is very light but the lather it produces is very good not quite top tier but very good all the same, another run out with the gold dollar tomorrow then will likely use something else just for a little change. Feeling smooth and refreshed
CEB106CD-BE37-4E77-8E97-768A03D9AD3D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom