SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

272236905_320534176676139_3391082461743338550_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

The Reserve Cool has found its perfect partner. I knew what to expect quality and scent wise from the soap, but I was ill-prepared for the Denim once out of the bottle. An initial smash of aniseed, which I have no recollection of from the eighties! That soon dissipated to leave a fresh yet spicy scent followed by a ton of leather! I love it, although it does have short shelf life on the skin. Only one thing to add - go on Biff, give it some welly :cool:

tumblr_65ffa732431833a5dc723b09f0f71e77_0a1faa6d_400.gif

Last edited:
Feb. 1, 2022 - Ambassador Rex is back

• Prep: Face wash
  • Brush: Declaration grooming B11 28mm Snowblivion
  • Razor: Rex Ambassador
  • Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
  • Lather: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary - Soap
  • Post Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary - Aftershave
Yet another quick and easy morning shave - was getting a bit bored of going through chaotic neutral so decided to mix it up a bit and dig out the SV 70th anniversary.

Brilliant performance and great scent as always - 3 passes for DFS+ with one small weeper. Kept the Ambassador to 2 so on fairly mild side for it - however been a while since I used it... probably will stick with it throughout this whole week just to get familiar with it again.

I must say I'm quite surprised by myself - in January, I've barely made any purchases... As much as I'm not doing GRUYE, I do try to keep the purchases to minimum... in first year of wetshaving I amassed enough of gear to last me for a good 5 years... if not longer hah! That's the price of such fun hobby I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen.

Tue 1st February

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 6 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

The elegant N3 coupled with a Twin Blade delivers a really quality Shave, provided one does not try to rush.The finish attained matches those delivered by many Vintage/Modern SE Razors.

B61905B7-F596-477D-840C-754BB428F4D1.jpeg

01/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT

Wk05 (4).JPG
Simply wonderful. A very welcome return to the soap rotation of the brilliant Signature soaps.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

1/2/22

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/menthol

Superb lather today, I'm really loving using my small 10075, which easily holds enough lather for a 3 pass shave, but I only did the 2 passes. A nice comfortable shave with the Bic CP in a Fat Handle Tech.

01/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT

View attachment 83759
Simply wonderful. A very welcome return to the soap rotation of the brilliant Signature soaps.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Thank you Tony. Regards Brian

Evening all,

Prep, hot water and a flannel
Brush, PAA Aerolyte
Razor, Razorock Gamechanger 64
Blade, Shavemax Diamond Edge (3rd and final use)
Soap, Cella Red Pot
A/S, Bond Spacequest

The soap lathered up very nicely. A great and not overpowering scent. Went on well and provided a good level of protection.

A nice 3 grain pass. Zero issues / cuts etc. Very happy with the results, feels nice and clean and close. Another great DE shave.

I did think about going for a 4th use with the blade but I thought why risk it. I have a lot of blades to use up and I don’t normally go past 3 uses. And if the blade feels rough after 2 I’ll change it.

Best,

Ben

Tuesday AM 2022-02-01
National Serpent Day
0iQkhmD.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)

A wonderful shave. The cream has a bright, uncomplicated lavender scent that matches the aftershave really well. And for some reason it has remained a true cream over the years, with no apparent drying.
87rdafF.jpg

01/02/2022

Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Gillette Shanghai Super Blue (2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Soap: ESC Fuar Ach Snog

View attachment 83771

The winner has been decided. The Merkur 37C will remain in the den and the RazoRock German 37 will hit the BST on the weekend. It's a fine razor but I prefer the Merkur.
What’s Your thoughts on the ES Creams ?

Back
Top Bottom