SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

Wed 2nd February

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Williams Mug soap
Schick “ O “ Clone
Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 9 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

This Razor/Blade combo is a delight to use, ultra smooth and especially good at working around the upper lip and tip of the chin. Really makes good use of the Twin blades capabilities and I have managed to get up to 14 outings with this combo.

E561BD7B-0C00-45AE-B10F-A4566C275EF9.jpeg

Wednesday February 2, 2022
Razor: Penn Adjustable
Blade: sChick
Brush: MrEE Limited Edition/Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Anthony's Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1183

Incredibly close shave today. Have a Stellar day Everyone !
IMG_20220202_064032414_HDR.jpg

02/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Feather DX Kamisori
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk05 (5).JPG
Whoa! I was not expecting that!
A really nice, slick covering face lathered with the wonderful gift of a new Mühle Silvertip Synth from @ob21 - thank you Olvin, It made really short work of the soap today and produced copious amounts of the good stuff.
The new to me Feather DX ACD-N fitted with a first use for me Pro-Guard was up for duty today.
I was expecting the blade to be on the milder side as it is guarded, no such luck, from the first stroke i new this was going to need attention. The handle shape is also new to me so took a bit getting used to, i completed the first pass and came through unscathed, although from the rinse-off i knew it was really close in some areas, i followed up with some touch up to finish the shave with a BBS finish, no visible marks, cuts or weepers .
I used the Barts Balm "face medic" to help my skin along, i did get a little indication here and there from the splash that did not last too long.
All in all very happy with that.
Now then do i need a Dark wood DX or Scotch wood SS:unsure:?
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-02-02-22.png
This morning -

razor - Yaqi Excalibur
blade - P30 (4)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD
soap - Nivea cream
post - cold water
a/s - Nivea Sensitive
scent - Oud Isphahan edp.

A nice economy shave. I no longer have to think about the Excalibur when I'm using it - this is a good thing. I can't get over how well the handle works - without the notches it would be useless. Credit to whoever they lifted the idea from. Enjoy, one and all - cheers - I.

2/2/22

Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Shark Platinum (1)
Post - Alum/Lea Balm
AS - Brut Musk

First time using some Shark Platinum blades (which I think Paul @pjgh sent?), my collection of blades has grown so large and my memory is growing so poor, I'm not entirely sure how I acquired them all, or whether they acquired me, with the intention of them mowing my stubble so they can reach blade heaven.
Onto the blade, I think it might be the sharpest Lord blade I have used, it was very comfortable in the shave, but I got a little careless when shaving near my lip and nicked myself on the bit of skin on the edge of lip, which is the worst place I find to nick myself as usually it bleeds and bleeds, but today I managed to stop the bleeding with a few wipes of the alum block.
Not a bad shave otherwise, finished it with a few splashes of Brut Musk, which I wasn't massively enthusiastic about to begin with, but I'm growing to appreciate the scent with each additional use.

Wednesday AM 2022-02-02
National Groundhog (Marmot) Day, first observed on this date in 1887 in Punxsutawney, PA
HQU9juS.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (9)
RazoRock XXX aftershave
ESSDG11.jpg

A715BC10-456B-4E33-B262-2676F4BF98C5.jpeg
SOTD: 02/02/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Yaqi Green Obsidian Silvertip Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner

Another excellent shave from the Tech, it’s just a breeze to use and gives nothing but excellent results. I went full seaforth spiced lime today and as I was slightly bunged up first thing in the morning didn’t realise just how strong I’d gone on the aftershave. I smelt like a teens first date with a can of lynx! But luckily I love the scent!

Wednesday February 2, 2022
Razor: Penn Adjustable
Blade: sChick
Brush: MrEE Limited Edition/Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Anthony's Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1183

Incredibly close shave today. Have a Stellar day Everyone !
View attachment 83799
Dave,

Not heard of a Penn adjustable. How does it compare to other adjustables?

Best,

Ben

Dave,

Not heard of a Penn adjustable. How does it compare to other adjustables?

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom