SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Oh Satan, where have you been? Well I decided to take a break in the British summer, if only to cool down from the pit of eternal fires and souls doomed to an eternity of beardom. My God, their whining and whinging exceeds that of Mrs Satanfriendly and her powder puff clogging facial hair.

But one thing for sure, I haven't thrown my shaving towel in to the sink and quit planet razor. Oh no, oh no, never in a month of Wednesdays. What is it about Sundays? Stand up for the drabest day of the week.

So my last two shaves (which is starting to become a bit of a pathetic fashion statement from Satan's towers) and they arrive pixilated with the theme, 'Burn beards, burn, burn, burn'

Reasons to be shaven part 1

20230801_191246.jpg

Burn baby razor - Ikon B1
No razor burn blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Burning bushes - Yaqi Moka
Burning beds - Kent soap
Burn cream - L'Occitane Cade balm
Burn your bras boys(?) - Eau Sauvage

'What? I've got to grow a fucking beard as well?'

MWF by any other name? Says 'Kent' on the bowl and hence that is what it shall be called by no other name. May be it is the same, but those chaps down south have must have added some kind of magic Southern fairy dust in there as it lathers so easily. May be us fellas up North like life to be hard and those Mitchell folk have added nails and segs in to the mix. Bowls made from old wooden clogs.

Perhaps one of the only Soaps where I think the Moka shines through. It succeeds where other brushes fail and a most wonderful facial creaming to cut in to. And cut the Ikon did. Brilliantly and smoothly to a big shiny face of a finish. Must be the fairy dust.

A slap of Cade, a savage spray of scent and ready to throw some hard as fucking nails Japanese girls at you. Oh hail the Beaver.

Reasons to be shaven part 2

20230802_194120.jpg

Pyrogenic razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Bonfire blade - Feather Professional
Blazing brush - Razorock 400
Conflagration cream - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Phologistic moisturiser - Pure
Scintillating scent - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
'Burn Satan and take your Japanese girly music with you, you sad old git'

I have never thought the Hawk as being the best SE in the bunch and to be honest I find the manufacture and quality to be rather savage. Certainly the blade fitment is all a bit clumsy and to me it appears to be all the wrong way around. Far better than the Enoch though. But I do find with the Professional slapped between its cheeks it does one bloody fine job and well makes up for its lack of finesse in other areas.

Another great finish with the Blenheim cream doing a fine job of lathering duties. Not a cream I will buy again as there is better and certainly overpriced. Even the outlet in York doesn't knock that much off the price. It does however do a good job of creaming on my face with the matching brush to the razor (in a way). Not something I have experienced since last wearing my wife's best frock on the corner of the docks.

The Blenheim EDC isn't that much better either for the price and if it lasts much longer than exiting the bathroom it would only because I have just cleared the space faster than Usain Bolt.

Still, a superb bit of shaving effort and grin value a very nice 7/10. 7 out 10 what, I have no idea.

So at this point I exit my SOTD faster than the longevity of the Blenheim Bouquet and all it takes is for me to say 'I love you all' and leave you with those talented beauties Band Maid and their new single

Last edited:
20230803_203617.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Shave factory Boar brush.
Soap Resurrection.
Razors Reggie's Titanium razor.
Blade Dorco Prime.
Aftershave Resurrection.
Today's shave was to see if the Reggie's razor would be suitable for a daily shaver for me.
I am using the Resurrection soap again because I am trying to use it up as the scent is not something I will be buying again.
Still it lathers up well and gives a fine cushion.
I popped a fresh blade in and away I went.
For me the razor can indeed be used as a daily shaver, I had no nics and the shave was nice and smooth but not quite bbs.
2 shaves in and pleased with how the razor is performing.
Enjoy your evening everyone.

Yintal V7 razor :: Statum blade (1) :: Omega 10066 boar brush :: Tabac (tallow) soap and splash
IMG_20230803_182039.jpg
Not quite as comfortable as the last shave with this razor (that one was with a Feather blade). I like Statums a lot in other razors, but it seems this Yintal V7 needs 'em really sharp. The result is still close, almost no irritation.
Have a nice one!

IMG_2420.jpeg
SOTD: 03/08/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 8th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

I just love this razor and if I could keep only one SE I think this would be it! Easy to use, always great results and it looks great! On the verge of needing more HC&C unscented soap but they’ve made the choice harder, by having this excellent base or a new ‘hard’ soap they’re equivalent of triple milled! I’m tempted to get what I know but if anyone has tried the new harder base please let me know.

SOTD 20230804.
uej30Ar.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Semogue SOC.
Proraso shaving soap (green).
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium (2).
Proraso ASL (green).

Fri 4
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Rhino 3rd
A handsomely rich creamy and slick lather with the matching splash smells heavenly...
Good combination of razor and especially the blade. 3 smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs...
20230804_130919.jpg

Same sh... ave different day. Apart from swapping brushes between the Phantom Aerolite and my Semogue 830 I've been on this setup all week. Gonna miss the LEA stick when i get to the end, not long now Mr Frodo. Slim on #5 which is where I pretty much leave it at all times. Smooth and efficient. 4 shaves in, the Wilkinson Sword blade is going well but I think tailing off now. Nonetheless a smooth 3-pass shave and very smooth result. Will go back to straights for the weekend. Happy Friday.
20230804_080834.jpg

Back
Top Bottom