SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

1/9/21

Soap - Haslinger Honey
Brush - Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Supermax Stainless (the brown one?)
Post - Brut Musk

First shave of the new month.

The scent of the Haslinger is a bit of an odd one, but the lather is superb it provided enough slickness for the Supermax blade, which was fairly smooth and comfortable in the Gillette Rocket. The blade was sent by @pjgh, it was a Indian market brown packet one right if my memory serves me right. The blade isn't the sharpest or smoothest one out there but it's a good functional blade nonetheless.

First time using the Brut Musk splash, I wouldn't say it's my kind of scent I'd favour (I'm pretty beige I seem to favour bay rum, 'Green' fougere ones or blue aquatic ones) but it's nice to have a bit of an alternative.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day.

B737939B-C790-4409-B0DB-B7F068EA7FF3.pngRazor = Karve CB Brass
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = The Merchant By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm.
Brilliant shave with these Gillette Blues they are something else
an absolute brilliant blade for me.
The soap is also class with zingari man producing some great performing soaps but also the recovery splash & balms are top quality.
The Razor for me is a hit or a miss, i can take it or leave it, i actually don’t understand the hype that surrounds it.
Anyway iv had enough negatives today so all positive from now on maybe lol.
Enjoy Your Shave Boys
Onwards & Upwards

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st September

AM-JKLXle75RQBslEsTMJJcQ2Gk5tTWLcqAw8VODwkZcKNzTMtgI2YMWP66iJi7UuQvyR-Ad7BKOXWk4kZYNLK8EkqoaI1EilHEVj4EJCEa44asoDTNpRURlhOhV5y3QQIohiDUeY2wvGso5hYfuOlHaVhQnIw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Brush
RazoRock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
RazoRock Hawk (Regular) w/KCG Handle
Feather Professional (3)
Novaya Zarya Aftershave Cologne

Gosh! Is it October already? :ROFLMAO: < some folks will need an explanantion

Wednesday AM 2021-09-01
World's first telephone operator, Emma M. Nutt, started work, Boston, 1878
cBSJ4dX.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Jewel Sheffield Super Stainless Steel (5)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

September already. And the sunlight angle already has a sharp, clear fall look to it. Frank's honeysuckle soap made excellent lather, although it seemed to take a bit more work than some of his other soaps. The scent of it and the aftershave is fantastic. (My wife said, "Wow, I can't believe how much it smells like real honeysuckle.") Using it took me back to when I was 6 years old and recovering from polio, learning to walk all over again. Helped by my mother or father, I made slow laps across our front lawn between a pine tree - which they had planted to celebrate my homecoming from the hospital - and a big honeysuckle bush, which was blooming then. Each time I reached it, the smell of those flowers marked my progress. And now this new software takes me straight back to those painful but happy days. Great memories. Unfortunately, the blade did not live up to the rest of the shave: still rough, so I tossed it out. But the aftershave, of course, was very soothing and quickly relieved the irritation.
qb3dm1l.jpg

Aug. 29, 2021 - MMOC day 29... and birthday!

GEMsOfWisdom

Another day, another good shave. Water up here definitely makes a difference - the soap seems to lather even easier than usual and explodes with more lather than usual - by the looks of it that is, since I don't really measure it properly.

3 passes and bit of tidying up on the neck for BBS. Birthday BBS - First birthday shave since I started wetshaving... shame it wasn't too exciting - same setup as since beginning of August. Blade performed well enough - slight tugging here and there when going ATG but it's more than bearable - definitely still better than GEM side. I'm guessing I could potentially get about 10 more shaves without having to strop it... but you never know! 29 shaves in but still dealing well enough with my hair.

Aftershave brought slight bit of stinging probably due to having to buff out some places. But all is good.

Been around department stores today and had a good sniff at some perfumes. Creed, Parfum the marly, Initio.... all are great though! Love the Creed original Vetiver as well as Erolfa. PDM I actually like their Layton, Herod, Pegasus and Carlisle. Initio oud for greatness is another awesome one... Same as absolute aphrodisiac and blessed baraka. Ugh the fragrance world opened the door and it's another rabbit hole! Hate it but love it at the same time! Really need to get some samples in seeing as near where I live there's no department stores where I could try some of this stuff...

Now time for some birthday drinks I guess!

Enjoy your shaves Ladies and Gentlemen!

Belated Birthday greetings Simon, hope you had a gone one.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2021-09-01
World's first telephone operator, Emma M. Nutt, started work, Boston, 1878
cBSJ4dX.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Jewel Sheffield Super Stainless Steel (5)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

September already. And the sunlight angle already has a sharp, clear fall look to it. Frank's honeysuckle soap made excellent lather, although it seemed to take a bit more work than some of his other soaps. The scent of it and the aftershave is fantastic. (My wife said, "Wow, I can't believe how much it smells like real honeysuckle.") Using it took me back to when I was 6 years old and recovering from polio, learning to walk all over again. Helped by my mother or father, I made slow laps across our front lawn between a pine tree - which they had planted to celebrate my homecoming from the hospital - and a big honeysuckle bush, which was blooming then. Each time I reached it, the smell of those flowers marked my progress. And now this new software takes me straight back to those painful but happy days. Great memories. Unfortunately, the blade did not live up to the rest of the shave: still rough, so I tossed it out. But the aftershave, of course, was very soothing and quickly relieved the irritation.
qb3dm1l.jpg
wow that razor is a real beauty

Back
Top Bottom